Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got 2 parakeets I know the female is a lutino/albino but the male has me guessing I know he's a pied but what are his other colors? Here are a few pictures. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I really like how the colors on his stomach are thats what drew me to him. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you tell by looking at the Albino if it's male or female? I thought it was a female but the more I read on them I'm not sure. Her cere looks mostly white but also has a fant bluish cast to it unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I believe you have a female albino and a dominant pied type 2 yellow face cobalt, who I can't decide is male or female.

Don't go quoting me though :p I'm still learning the difference between pieds and albino ceres confuse me sometimes (which is why my male lutino is actually a female).

Also, just a tidbit of information for you Tiffany -if the albino was a male, the cere would remain a pinkish purple. Just another way that the mutations like to mess with us :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I got them yesterday afternoon and the poor birds are scared to death they haven't moved off the perch at all and haven't ate or drank anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.