Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
ok i know im a bit of a sucker for them, but hey arnt we all.
so in mid June when i got Acacia (pied yellow face 2 hen) there was three other females also for sale, it was a hard pick for me and i brought Acacia home. in the weeks since then every time i have gone to the pet shop i have gone and had a look at the budgies (as i always do) and well the other three hens were always still there!! i thought god no one is buying them, it must be pretty hard for these hens going from their home to the shop and then no-one even considering them (most people in that area are only interested in the really young babies). so i go in yesterday and yep all three still there!
anyway i caved and decided that i have the room money and time for another (im sure i would have got three if i had the cage space but im waiting for my new flight cage-should arrive early this week). im not 100% sure on mutation, im thinking greywing(maybe) not sure on colour violet? but if its greywing could that just be that her body colour is diluted? anyway here she is in her transport cage. she is in Quarentine.
her cheek patches are a very pale lavendar/violet.
no flash

her wings

and one with the flash- shows how much the flash washes out her colour.

thank you for any help or info you all can give me!!
now i have to think on names hmmm. :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Katherine! i could not pass her up she is just too cute, she is also very very friendly, comes straight upto me when i go to her cage.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i am leaning towards a pale greywing, as her body colour and cheek patches seem paler than usual. if her colour is stronger in reality she would probably be a clearwing though...

and she looks like a lovely violet.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Tonic, she is pretty much the same colours as in the pictures, she does seem like she has quite pale tones of colour.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
she could almost be a clearwing, due to violet
cheek patches, but she looks to light. Clearwings
are usually alot brighter in body colour.

she could be a skyblue greywing dilute?
Shes very pretty :)

although in the third photo her body colour looks
more like a clearwing vivid blue :S

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks Tegan, the third pic is with the flash so it does wash out her colour quite a bit. but im not too good at mutations lol

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Wow, she is so pretty. I don't blame you at all for taking her home. I see violet for sure, maybe on a cobalt base. I only see skyblue in the flash picture, which can't be trusted of course. More pictures would help as far as how bright her body color is to determine grey or clearwing. Of course Barrie would know, so clearwing is more likely.
She is gorgeous!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
you cannot have greywing and dilute both present in the same bird. you can get a greywing or a dilute or a greywing split for dilute...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
you cannot have greywing and dilute both present in the same bird. you can get a greywing or a dilute or a greywing split for dilute...
Well all I ment was she could be a greywing because
GW washes out the body colour making it dilute looking.
Clearwings have very bright bodies and bright cheeks.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Well all I ment was she could be a greywing because
GW washes out the body colour making it dilute looking.
Clearwings have very bright bodies and bright cheeks.
i see, oops. i read it as meaning you thought she had both the greywing and dilute varieties.....:rolleyes:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Which of the pictures show her true coloring? She looks cinnamon in some of the pictures & greywing in others. Her colour is not bright enough for a clearwing

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the first three pictures are pretty true to her colour, i would say the first picture is the best though, the one with the flash on (the last picture) was added to show how much it washes her colouring out.the only thing i wasnt able to show too well is that her face spots do look like a very pale smokey brown, although her wing markings are more of a smokey very pale grey, not sure if this helps :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.