Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
That is an odd looking mutation.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
You saw this bird yourself and snapped the pick? It looks like a normal recessive pied except for the green feathering.

I wonder if you used flash and somehow the 'yellow' light has blended with blue feathering or some such. Flash usually affects the appearance of colouring in budgies.

Interesting anyway.

·
Human Bird Gym
2,669 Posts
You saw this bird yourself and snapped the pick? It looks like a normal recessive pied except for the green feathering.

I wonder if you used flash and somehow the 'yellow' light has blended with blue feathering or some such. Flash usually affects the appearance of colouring in budgies.

Interesting anyway.
only way to know for sure is to either go back and take a piccy without flash, or ask her if she saw the green in person (not from a pic..)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Wow, if that bird looks like that in real life..and the camera hasn't made the colours look different...Buy the bird!!! Lol, seriously, no one has ever bred a white and green bird, in fact they say it is not possible.
If it really looks like that (and the colour is natural), it's a completely new mutation!!
And quite a pretty bird at that...very much interested in more pics of this bird..

·
Registered
305 Posts
aw. what an awesome mutation i would so buy him/her name him/her mint or spearmint lol :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok to answer some of your questions... I did see the green in person. The flash might have made the green darker and more brilliant green but that's what the bird looked like. The only way I can explain the coloration is a mineral block or a die in this birds food. I am just as skeptical as you guys are. I'm not sure if this is the birds coloring or something that dyed the feathers. As far as I know this coloration hasn't been bred yet.

·
(retired budgie breeder)
3,772 Posts
Either he's gotta be some kind of double factor
I would have said some type of DF too, i know my DF Spangle always has a aqua-ish hue in the photos.

You should have talked to the store owners, got their insight on the bird. If they are clueless... I wouldnt shop there again, cuz it shows their knowledge in their birds!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.