Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've recently noticed that Bella has been eating a lot more in the evenings and at night. I'm not sure if this is something normal as it's starting to get colder here in Canada or if this is something I need to be concerned about. Is anyone else experiencing this or has experienced this?

Also I've seen a lot of pics where the budgies are in a cage with vertical bars but at the pet store all budgie cages come with horizontal bars on them. Does it matter if the bars on the cage are vertical or horizontal? Any insight is welcome!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Budgies usually eat the most around morning and bed time, so eating around bed is normal :D Also, any kind of cage bars will work, but horizontal bars make it easy for your budgie to climb around the cage. When buying your cage, make sure that the cage bars are no more than 1/2 inches apart to prevent your budgie getting their head stuck in the bars which could kill your bird. Good luck with Bella! :budgie:

·
Administrator
55,151 Posts
All of my budgies have an evening snack before their bedtime. It's a lot of hours until morning so they need to eat before sleeping. ;)

MineOfBudgies is correct -- bar spacing on a budgie's cage should never be more than 1/2".
Horizontal bars make it easier for budgies to climb but vertical bars also work well unless a budgie has a physical disability. Remember when purchasing a cage that bigger is always better! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.