Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted about my rats before, but I recently got a new little girl so I thought I might share some updated pictures for you guys :)

My new girl is an Agouti and she has been named Lucy

Lucy is living with my two rats Snuffles & Pipa

(pipa- left Lucy- middle & snuffles-right

Pipa always manages to climb into the boys cage when I'm not looking then she tries to run for it

treat time!

Lucy pretends to be a rat snail

Winston and Wilbur love ice cream containers (and I love eating the ice cream)

Wilbur

ohh hello!

We also got two new male rats that are living at my work (pet store)
they are going to be bred from eventually when I find some healthy females!
we are yet to name them so any suggestions welcome!

hope you enjoyed the pictures of my ratties :)

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
They're so cute, I really like that picture of the "rat snail"! :D
How are the charmed sisters doing?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're so cute, I really like that picture of the "rat snail"! :D
How are the charmed sisters doing?
hehe well Phoebe has so far had one litter and she was a wonderful mum to 9 cute babies! she is due to have another lot of babies in a few weeks, Piper is also due to have her first litter in a week or two. Paige unfortunately had a litter and killed them all :S so I ended up selling her to a nice family as a pet only as I didn't want to risk breeding her again!

Sarah, they are absolutely beautiful!! Love them. I bet they are a lot of fun.:)
they are so much fun! :)

You are making me miss my ratties! They are such sweet, fun pets but I just couldn't deal with the heart ache of their short lifespan. What a cute bunch you have and they look like they have a great place to live and play!
aw sorry :( I know its so hard with them having such a short life span, but I like to think that I give them the best life they could possibly have for that short time and when they pass its just their time.. I haven't had to go through losing one yet though but I know its going to be very hard, Snuffles is our oldest and I am dreading the day I lose him :(

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
I see you have a lot of baby mice coming! I'm sorry Paige wasn't fit to be a mother, it's good to know she went to a nice home. :)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
615 Posts
Awww they are adorable! :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Oh my ratties! I love ratties. A couple of years ago I had three little dumbo girls. They were just darling and the sweetest little girls. They got real old (for rats) and got chronic upper respiratory ailments. The last year of their lives we were constantly at the vet. They would bounce back and be fine but towards the end of that year I could tell they were tired and their quality of life was no longer good. I finally had to make the heart-breaking decision to put them to sleep. Oh how we cried for days. I couldn't pass their spot without getting choked up. They lived nearly 4 long happy years but I could never bring myself to get more ratties after that. Rats are truly misunderstood pets, I wish more people appreciated what wonderful little creatures they are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.