Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Born2Bfree, bred2Bcaptive
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have just installed it in my budgies' cage and will post an update in a few days how they like it.

Mirror in the back
Clear egg-shaped container with a tiny hole (for seeds and treats)
There is a little plastic thing on the top of the container (yellow) which I believe is for a budgie to grab so he can tilt the container and release treats
Tray to catch falling treats (I think it should have a higher brim but we shall see)

Comes in different colors

I haven't seen this toy in our local pet stores yet.

·
Administrator
55,336 Posts
Very cute! I haven't seen it on-line at the suppliers I usually buy from yet.
I will keep my eyes open for it -- I think Peachy would love it. :giggle:

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've seen those before! I didn't know it was a pseudo-foraging toy though. I'll have to get one if I see it again. Keep us updated!

·
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far, after a period of sitting and not moving, lol, they are ignoring it, but they haven't found out yet there are a few seeds in it.

Reactions: jrook

·
Administrator
55,336 Posts
So far, after a period of sitting and not moving, lol, they are ignoring it, but they haven't found out yet there are a few seeds in it.
You may have to show them how much fun it is to play with so they can see how it works! :)

·
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seed hulls on the tray; they figured it out quite fast :)
I will have to observe them closely tomorrow how they do that and if both or just one budgie.

·
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, Michele.
So much that the first thing they often check in the morning is this toy to get the seeds out.
The bottom tray though should have a higher edge.

Reactions: jrook

·
Administrator
55,336 Posts
I bought one of these toys for each of my birds' cages.

I have to say that I'm not overly impressed with it.
The picture looked cute and the idea was good but...

You have to remove the entire toy from the cage each time you want to fill it which I find really annoying.

The "slot" to pour the seeds into is very narrow and even trying to carefully put them into the slot using a spoon was difficult and I ended up spilling quite a bit. :rolleyes:

If you have a little "piggy" bird, once it learns how to tip the toy to make the seeds come out, it may simply stand there and eat ALL the seed from the toy. ;)

I had the toys in the cages for maybe two weeks and now they are all out in the box of "Gee, it seemed like a good idea at the time...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.