Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new female 'show' budgie. The mutation please?
No name yet, but she is so pretty? A budgie breeder had brought her in from South Africa and she was in quarenteen for a month there. Rules from country to country moving. So, my first very important, imported, pedigree budgie!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Wow she's stunning Elsabe! Her markings are just beautiful :) Congrats on the addition. It sounds like you went through a lot to get her home!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Lovely..and HUGE ):)

Love the mottled coloring on back feathers..and interesting beak moustache...
What do you call that?

Poor baby(quaranteen) Scarey stuff..
Enjoy her..
She looks like a true QUEEN..
Andria
:budgie:

·
Accidentally in love.
5,385 Posts
Awh! What a cutie! :loveeyes: I'm going to take a guess and say Grey Green Cinnamon Opaline...? Don't quote me on that though. ;)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Oh wow...what a big budgie :) I am still shocked when I see these giant beautiful show birds.

Congratulations on you new addition. I think she is stunning, but why do you say she is ugly?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
She's lovely! Do you know the breeder or if you can give me the code on the ring I can get it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just BEAUTIFUL!! I had a male just like her, I sold him and have regretted it many times over!

ENJOY, she's a keeper! :budgie:

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awe the poor wee thing getting called an ugly duckling Elsabé she will grow into a very beautiful budgie :D
Thanks Jane! Yes, and she is so beautiful!

She's adorable!! I would say green cinnamon opaline? DEFINTELY not an ugly duckling, more like a beautiful swan :)
Jill, What about a name for her? I think you are right, but I am going to ask my brother again.

Wow she's stunning Elsabe! Her markings are just beautiful :) Congrats on the addition. It sounds like you went through a lot to get her home!
Bethany, Yes the little dots in her crown feathers(word?) No the breeder had brought her to Namibia and I think it was an extra lady that he had no mate for.

Love the mottled coloring on back feathers..and interesting beak moustache...
What do you call that?

Andria, I do not know what they call it!! I think if you want to use her for Shows you have to pluck some of the dots to get it right. She is still very young and I think after her first mould, it will change. Will let you know!

Poor baby(quaranteen) Scarey stuff..
Enjoy her..
She looks like a true QUEEN..
Andria
:budgie:
It took you 3months to import birds here! They do make sure they are healthy!

Awh! What a cutie! :loveeyes: I'm going to take a guess and say Grey Green Cinnamon Opaline...? Don't quote me on that though. ;)
She is a green cinnamon opaline!

Oh wow...what a big budgie :) I am still shocked when I see these giant beautiful show birds.

Congratulations on you new addition. I think she is stunning, but why do you say she is ugly?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
No she is so beautifull!!!!

She is gorgeous! :love:

And I agree with Jill and Pate, she is a dark green opaline cinnamon :)
Lindsey
Thank you!! I tried the multi-quote, did you noticed it?

She's lovely! Do you know the breeder or if you can give me the code on the ring I can get it.
Dries, Thank you! I will try to catch her tommorow and let you know!

Just BEAUTIFUL!! I had a male just like her, I sold him and have regretted it many times over!

ENJOY, she's a keeper! :budgie:
Thank you en yes I am keeping her, but her male is a blue/white one and I am not so sure about that pairing. Perhaps I will get another male and female, but not now. She was too expensive and will have to save a few dollars, before then

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.