Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i got 2 new baby budgies yesterday and today i have been informed one of them is a Rainbow mutation :) shes absolutely beautiful they both are so i wanted to share some photos :)

Rainbow budgie

Her Brother

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Wow those are babies for sure. So cute!!! Can't wait to see what they look like when they are a little older. Lucky you!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow those are babies for sure. So cute!!! Can't wait to see what they look like when they are a little older. Lucky you!
yeah the eldest kahukura, (Kura for short) is just weaning and the youngest is about 3-4 weeks old and is a big pig he eats so much lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hmm she looks like a dilute opaline yellowface2 cobalt rather than a clearwing opaline yellowface2 cobalt, which would be a true rainbow. Regardless, she's very beautiful and I'm very jealous! :)

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Actually, now that I've looked a little closer, her cheek patches are too light to be a clearwing. :( Hope you aren't too disappointed. She is still quite beautiful.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, now that I've looked a little closer, her cheek patches are too light to be a clearwing. :( Hope you aren't too disappointed. She is still quite beautiful.
Her cheek patches are darker in real life the flash makes her colours lighter then they are im not disappointed at all i didnt even know what a rainbow mutation was lol i think shes beautiful not matter her mutation same with all my babies :D

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very good. We will be impatiently awaiting more pics of these beauties!
I got more today but they arent in natural light and my babies arent clean cause my partner had to feed them while i was out at softball and didnt clean them after so when i wash them tomorrow i will take photos :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Stevie, as those babies are just getting in their first feathers, I have a question: at least one of them does not seem to have dark bars all the way to the forehead. Is that correct? I ask because I didn't know much about recessive pieds when I got Harley, and I thought he had his baby bars down to his cere because the feathers there had a light stripe. I've since learned that RPs have those faint lines for their entire lives, and it was not an indication of young age. I've been trying to figure out whether he was 3-4 months when I got him (first molt) or very young (just finishing up his feathers). He acted like a baby by popping inside a hooded feeder when I opened the cage, but he didn't have dark bars.

Sorry to hijack your thread. Your babies are beautiful, no matter the mutation. Did you get them from someone else, or are these babies as a result of your breeding?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they both have the bars just 1 has them very faintly you can hardly see them, sorry i have no idea i was told that the bars will go as they grow but pieds keep some of the bars they just dont go the whole way to the cere when they are older, babies also only have black eyes as they grow they get the eye ring thingys i was told, sorry i cant be much help :( a friend of mine bred them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.