Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a while now and I've had one budgie for a while, but he was getting pretty lonely because I work odd hours so I thought I'd go get him a friend. Of course when I saw it I was in awe because this birdy was so dang pretty!

Of course Digital (the regular green one) was in flock (love?) at first sight and Analog became part of his family.

I have no idea what colour s/he is. Besides the green. There was no black on her, what would have been black was replaced by a nice pastel-ie dark green, s/he had baby bars that were the same green the cheek patches are white. No black on him/her at all and had a bright orange beak.

It's mostly to sate my curiosity, but does anyone know what sort of colour s/he'd be?

The two pictures on the sides were taken with a phone camera with flash which should explain the brightness.

Attachments

G

·
Hi Draconian. An opaline dark green spangle hen. Awesome looking budgie you have. :loveeyes:

Edit: Nazvolt, we share the same answer..hehehe

·
Registered
735 Posts
Looks male to me. Bright pink in a young budgie generally means male. Pictures with Flash tend to lighten and wash out the cere so it's not good to go off of pictures with flash when determining gender.

He doesn't look dark green to me at all. More like a Grey green Opaline spangle. Or possibly Violet green.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.