Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
60,609 Posts
Wow, Noah!

I'm really envious of your super-cool rainforest. :wow:

I never knew that some birdies get to have their own forest inside their house. I wonder why my Mom doesn't ever do that for me? I bet it's because we don't have really good branches and leaves and stuff to use.

Your forest looks like lots of fun and it sure gives you plenty of stuff to chew on. I think it would be great :jumping: to be able to hide in all those leaves.

I just have ol' grapevine perches and toys and stuff.

I wonder if I could fly all the way to Australia see your rainforest for myself? Oh wait! In your other thread you told us your mom is worried about the mean birds that live outside your house. :eek: Since I'm yellow and red too they might get me so I guess I'll just have to be happy seeing the pictures of your forest 'cause I definitely don't want to get attacked by some mean bird!

Have fun!

Your friend,
Peachy

·
Member of the Month June 2015
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Peachy,

I love my rainforest cause the leaves are so fresh and I can chew them off the branches :p I don't always have them just every couple if weeks as a treat so I don't get bored :D

Yes I think all us pet birdies should stay safe in our homes where our humans can protect us :eek:

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,540 Posts
Noah is truly the King of the Jungle...now let's see him swing through vines and hear him do a ferocious Tarzan roar!:D

·
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Noah is surely a very lucky boy to have his room decorated with a jungle theme! :)
Thanks Ana :) yes I often wonder though of it gets too crowded for him but it's nice to do every so often :)

Noah is truly the King of the Jungle...now let's see him swing through vines and hear him do a ferocious Tarzan roar!:D
Hahaha that he can certainly do :) he has a really loud danger sound he makes (usually once a day) when he hears something in the distance or sees a shadow and he loves bouncing from perch to swing and whizzing around upside down :D

·
Super Moderator
20,168 Posts
Noah, what a lucky boy you are!

Niamh, I absolutely love the foliage decor :giggle: Sometimes I wish I were in AUS just so I could give Mallorn some fresh eucalyptus and other things--we don't have many budgie safe woods here :pout:

I love it! I can see little Noah loves it, too ;)

·
Registered
655 Posts

Niamh, I absolutely love the foliage decor :giggle: Sometimes I wish I were in AUS just so I could give Mallorn some fresh eucalyptus and other things--we don't have many budgie safe woods here :pout:
Man, I know what you mean! I curse all those who live in climates that eucalyptus thrive in :rolleyes:. I guess my kiddies will just have to make do with what they've got. I'm going to start renovating them a free-flight room in the basement for them to live in, but I still wish they could experience eucalyptus. I guess I'll just have to settle for buying them a diffuser and high quality eucalyptus oil for down there. Someone really needs to start cultivating eucalyptus that thrive in low humidity, snow, and low amounts of light... Niamhf, get on that for us :p!

Noah's definitely a lucky boy! He's got plenty of yummy eucalyptus to play with and nibble on :D.

Reactions: Kate C and Niamhf

·
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man, I know what you mean! I curse all those who live in climates that eucalyptus thrive in :rolleyes:. I guess my kiddies will just have to make do with what they've got. I'm going to start renovating them a free-flight room in the basement for them to live in, but I still wish they could experience eucalyptus. I guess I'll just have to settle for buying them a diffuser and high quality eucalyptus oil for down there. Someone really needs to start cultivating eucalyptus that thrive in low humidity, snow, and low amounts of light... Niamhf, get on that for us :p!

Noah's definitely a lucky boy! He's got plenty of yummy eucalyptus to play with and nibble on :D.
Haha I'll see what I can do :) A bird room sounds so cool though :)

That's great! I like the first pic where he is zipping by fast lol. Noah looks like he loves his jungle, and he's so cute in there amongst the leaves!
He sure does love it - he runs around chewing off the leaves so they fall on the floor and then he jumps down and picks them up with his claw and chews happily on them :)

WOW Noah, I would have to look really hard to see you in there:spy: We are lucky my Mum gets me lots of fresh branches too, we love to nibble and rub on all the sticky out ends .:D
Oh I'm glad you get the branches and leaves too Budget :) they're such a nice treat :)

I love it! I can see little Noah loves it, too ;)
Thanks StarlingWings :) Haha Noah sure does enjoy it and it keeps his mind occupied (for like 3 seconds!! :p)

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,908 Posts
Robyn we have a vast array of climates here in Australia and our eucalypts grow in most of them. From semi desert to our snow fields. The Eucalypt we call the Snow Gum does grow in our snow fields. It is about the only tree they could find that would grow up high in the Andes. You may find it will grow in Canada. Here is some information on them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus_pauciflora

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.