Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people... i was wondering if you could help me.. i have asked a lot of people but nobody is sure about the sex of my budgies... plus they give me different answers ... causing me to be more confused lol

here are both of my budgies:

green alone :

white alone:

and also a vid of them...
watch in HD

·
Super Moderator
18,459 Posts
Hello there and :welcome: to the forums!

Your budgies are beautiful :p

The white one is a male--young males have pinkish purple ceres that mature into dark blue. However, as he is a recessive pied budgie, his mutation enables him to keep the immature cere colour his whole life, which was probably why it confused some people.

Your green budgie is a precious little lady! Female budgies have pale blue ceres with white that turn brown when they are in breeding condition.

They really are a pretty pair and it's lovely to meet them (and you!).

It's great to have you on the forums and if you read over some of the articles and posts and still have a lingering question, feel free to ask! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing you around :) :wave:

·
Administrator
56,638 Posts
I just approved your Introduction thread and posted a great many links on it which will help you become accustomed to the forum and will answer most of your basic questions. Please be sure to take the time to read them. :)

I agree with Star -- Your green budgie is a female and the white one is a male and they are both adorable!

Glad you decided to join us! :wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.