Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the little baby just came out the nest box yesterday trying to start eating on his own.but for my surprise he has no baby barring !! :eek: he is not opaline green he is just normal green..both parents normal greens.so i took a look at his younger brother in the nest box ..the same clear cap!!! is that some kind of mutation ? :S

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Some pieds have a clear spot on the head. For example some budgies that are split for recessive pied have the clear pied spot but their wings don't show the pied markings. This would explain how the parents don't show any different mutations. Both or one parent could be split for recessive pied. A photo would be great though.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
my recessive pied has baby bars all the way to her cere. Guatemama (Mary) has a grey-green (or olive green?) male that had a very yellow cap at a young age (3-4 weeks)... I'm interested in pics :)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
780 Posts
Yeah, I'd love to know why Pickle, who looks like a normal grey-green, has had a clear cap since he was a very young baby. Is there some recessive pied involved?

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,156 Posts
Pretty budgie! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.