Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think a green and white budgie would look BEAUTIFUL together.. but you never see a green/white pied or a normal green budgie with a white face ( W1 and W2 normal green :p ) how come these mutations cant be ? Stupied question but .. im curious :p hehe:rolleyes::budgie:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I do think so but I have never seen one like it! As to the mutations that is something that I can not answer but I am sure someone here can!

·
Budgie Kisser
2,364 Posts
I think it is because the bird is blue, and has yellow feathers that make the blue show as green, and if it is a white budgie, now yellow, so it would be a white and blue pied... I think.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You don't see this because green type birds have a yellow base, and the blue birds have a white base colour.
You can't have a while based bird, that is green... it just doesn't happen

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I don't think it's likely to ever happen but it would be nice if it did.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i can answer the whitefaced green one. the white mask is recessive, and only reflects blue, so it only shows on the blue.

that would look cool though.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Bella has green spots and shes yellow. :D and white. and gold. and blue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You don't see this because green type birds have a yellow base, and the blue birds have a white base colour.
You can't have a while based bird, that is green... it just doesn't happen
but you can get yellow face blue.
it will happen one day, just a matter of time

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh my goodness. My pair is the almost the exact same as yours. I have a yellow face type 2 male and a normal green female. I think their exact!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.