Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ....here is the portrait of an incredibly gifted little dog, by an unbelievably talented, awesome artistic soul - we really are lucky to have her here as a member!!!

The following is a picture of the "model" ! :D

And if you want a look ... this is my son opening it on Christmas Day! He was really happy about it - and thought it was framed photo's! Hee hee hee! [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1NWdiyNjSM"]Justin opening Artwork - YouTube[/nomedia]

He's (generally) a somber, serious sort of young man, so the big smile tells me he loves it (and he did actually tell me that, in words anyhow :laugh: )

I had to laugh at his "it's unusually loose on the back" comment - he could feel the wire hanging thingy the picture framer guy put on it, so of course it's loose. :giggle:

Anyhow, I find it to be an incredible piece. She has captured his dog, not only in physical terms, but there is as gentleness, yet very alert essence I see in the artwork - and that is definitely my sons dogs spirit. When he's had seizures out in the yard or up the back paddocks (he has epilepsy), she comes and gets someone, usually by going to a window where she knows someone is in that room and barks like crazy to get our attention - she is such a clever dog and adores my son.

Caitlin is so talented, I am in awe! :)

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
OWH I remember when you were teasing us about this and we all couldn't wait till the big day. Oh my I am lost for words INCREDIBLE, TALENTED, LIFELIKE I could go on Caity is truly gifted and you are so lucky does she do commissions Linda?
Thankyou for sharing this with us all.:D

·
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cathy, I wasn't really teasing you guys - I just could not put it in the frame and get it into the picture framers without my son seeing me, and then I thought I should wait until HE gets his gift, in case he had a sticky beak on the Forum (which would not have happened ....but ... yannow ... Just In Case! :laugh:

Caitlin has an ETSY shop - https://www.etsy.com/shop/CaitlinRice413 <~~~ you could message her there to see if she can do a commission. She has GREAT stuff already in her shop anyhow. :)

I see a lot of people "doing" art ... but when you see an example like that, where it's not just a physical resemblance, but has the essence of the model captured as well .... I believe that is awesome, in my opinion!

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
Cathy, I wasn't really teasing you guys - I just could not put it in the frame and get it into the picture framers without my son seeing me, and then I thought I should wait until HE gets his gift, in case he had a sticky beak on the Forum (which would not have happened ....but ... yannow ... Just In Case! :laugh:

Caitlin has an ETSY shop - https://www.etsy.com/shop/CaitlinRice413 <~~~ you could message her there to see if she can do a commission. She has GREAT stuff already in her shop anyhow. :)

I see a lot of people "doing" art ... but when you see an example like that, where it's not just a physical resemblance, but has the essence of the model captured as well .... I believe that is awesome, in my opinion!
I totally agree Linda, I have put the link into my favourites thakyou.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Caitlin is incredibly talented, the portrait is amazing! :)

·
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I almost feel like I could reach out and touch the fur and it would actually be soft. Incredible.
I feel the same, Allie!! And the dogs fur is actually very soft and silky to touch too :)

Caitlin is a brilliant and VERY talented artist! Her carvings too are just superb! I have an awesome "Sulcata Tortoise" shell pendant that she carved and one lady that saw it around my neck the other day thought it was a REAL TORTOISE SHELL! :giggle:

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Wow....pretty hard to not be impressed with work like that....:cool:

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,333 Posts
Now

What an amazing gift, Caitlin. It really touches my heart. Best Wishes,
Jo Ann:budgie:

·
Administrator
59,672 Posts
Lynda,
That was a wonderful gift you chose for your son. :)

Caitlin,
I'm totally impressed with your talent -- you have a real gift when it comes to capturing the essence of your subject. It is a beautiful portrait of a loving gentle soul.

·
Member of the Month January 2014
183 Posts
Awwww shucks!! Thank you Lynda for sharing this and thanks everybody for the generous compliments! :star:

I hope it doesn't disappoint anybody to say that right now I am not in a position to do regular commissions. My focus is the birds, and when I take time to do artsy things it is generally making toys for them :) I had a lot of commissions approaching the holidays and man it kinda burned me out, lol. I really feel and see the subject that I'm painting or drawing and I want the recipient to get that feeling like their beloved pet is preserved in time. It is a tremendous honor to create a gift like that and I tend to feel a lot of pressure, even though I know it is me who it putting it there.

But I was happy to do this for you Lynda! I appreciate you as much as you appreciate me :hug:

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
Awwww shucks!! Thank you Lynda for sharing this and thanks everybody for the generous compliments! :star:

I hope it doesn't disappoint anybody to say that right now I am not in a position to do regular commissions. My focus is the birds, and when I take time to do artsy things it is generally making toys for them :) I had a lot of commissions approaching the holidays and man it kinda burned me out, lol. I really feel and see the subject that I'm painting or drawing and I want the recipient to get that feeling like their beloved pet is preserved in time. It is a tremendous honor to create a gift like that and I tend to feel a lot of pressure, even though I know it is me who it putting it there.

But I was happy to do this for you Lynda! I appreciate you as much as you appreciate me :hug:
Lil Caity, You are an amazing artist the way you actually bring life to the portrait is beyond belief! I can totally understand how you must feel exhausted. Please, Please ,Please when your rejuvenated let me know so I can employ your talents no rush though LOL:D

·
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lynda,
That was a wonderful gift you chose for your son. :)
Thank you Deb .... when I saw the quality work of this incredible artist, I HAD to get it for my son! His dog is now almost 14 and I wanted something very special for him to have of his dog - and Caitlin absolutely gave us that! :)

·
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I thank YOU, Caitlin. :hug: It is just so awesome! I wanted to show the people on this Forum because you are so very talented and wanted them to see what an incredibly gifted member we have here! :)

I also :love: adore my tortoise! We did score another very hot 46 degrees C (114.8 degrees F!) again today, so I took it off rather than let it soak in sweat! The weather people are saying we could get 49 degrees on Thursday/Friday! :eek: That's about 120 degrees F! :wow:

And you guys are getting snow - which seems SO odd to me, given our heat wave!!! :laugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.