Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you believe her mutation to be? Is she recessive or dominant Pied or do you think she is a mix? When she was a baby her blue was a distinct blue color but as she grew up her blue went a green ish blue. Therefore she is a yellow face of somekind.

And what do you believe the outcome would be if I bred her to a yellow face type 2 sky blue?

I know I would get all blue series.. possible opaline as the male could be split opaline as his father was split opaline(I think that is how it works) and was also a greywing... Which means the male is also split greywing.

I do not believe the female is split for greywing so there is no chance of greywings. But the female is split for recessive pied if you do not think she is a recessive pied as her father was a recessive pied. Her mother looked alot like her but she had more blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, She has iris rings.

Here are some of her as a chick.

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your hen looks like a double factor dominant pied but if her father was a recessive pied she can't be. So she must be a combination of dominant pied and recessive pied (in spite of the iris ring).

If the hen's yellow face type is the same as her mates' you'll get about 50% single factor yellow face, 25% white face & 25% double factor yellow face. The double factor yellow face chicks will show less yellow than the single factors.

The **** bird will have a 50% chance of being split for opaline if his father was split. He will be split for greywing

About half the chicks should be single factor dominant pied

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
her iris rings are very faint upon close examination not distinct like a normal birds. if she doesn't actually have iris rings what would your guess be as to what she is. what does the significance of having iris rings or not tell you?? is it distinct in a specific mutation?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from the descriptions I believe she is a df dominant pied. she has a blue patch close to her head on her front its small but it is there. however like nev said her father was a recessive so it would make sense for her to be recessive I guess we shall see what their chicks mutations turn out to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.