Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Human Jungle-gym
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, I'd like to know his mutation. I've gotten a few different ones from different people. His little patches look like he might have violet in him? :D I hope so! Hehe. Oh, and just so no one asks, he is green, but he has some light blue on his rump. :D Oh, and the white feather that is only on one wing, is just a random feather that i think is going to fall out soon ...
Well, here is a picture without flash:

And with ... I zoomed in on his face so you could see the patch better.

And here is his cere ... is it supposed to be that flaky? I think he may be molting ...

·
Super Pretty Member
541 Posts
Usually any kind of flakyness or crust means it's starting of mites,
but I am no expert so I will let them answer this for you,

but he's adorable!
He is exactly like my little girl Lillian - with bluish green on her bum

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Becca, do you mind if I move this to Mutations and Genetics?
Nev, our mutation expert would be able to help you out a lot there ;)

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
to me , he looks to be a
Yf2 Cobalt Dominant pied

the yellow leaking into his blue makes him look to be green , and I believe I see a yellow band on his bellie , making him a dominant pied

·
Paparazzi
5,579 Posts
It does not look like he has mites o_O
I agree with Stacey, from what I have been reading, looks like his yellow is blending with his blue with blue residuals on his vent/tail area, so yes a YF2 dominant skyblue (shows up as skyblue on my monitor o_O)

·
Human Jungle-gym
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The blue on his rump is sky blue, but his cheek patches kind of look purple tinged. He is literally every color :D Well, he doesn't have grey or brown. But, he was white feathers under his colorful ones (on his wings, and I'm not talking about his down feathers, they are huge and not fuzzy :D) And his markings are black and scalloped, which makes my think that he was Opaline? I'm so bad at this! haha. He just looks like everything to me :D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The closeup of his rump also shows that the edges of his marked feathers are white, so I don't think he is opaline, but am new to this. He is super cool though! How old is he?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree not an opaline.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He is a dominant pied. He is not opaline. Looking under his wings will tell if he is a type 2 yellow face that has gone green or a dark green. Violet on a green bird darkens the shade but it usually needs to be proven by breeding before you can be sure

I don't think he has mites

·
Human Jungle-gym
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh thank goodness! I have a vet appointment for all of them the 7th. They are going in different boxes, so quarantine can still be in effect. And training a molting flight bird has been easier than I thought, though today he is being a grouch. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.