Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest baby who the new soon to be owner has Named Didgit has a Odd colored feather

I just noticed it today and it seems to just be on the one side

Here are some pics - If you can't figure out what I'm talking about Let me know and I'll use a picture editor and Circle it :)

Also if you notice on top of his head he has 1 maybe 2 clear feathers I thought that was adorable His dad has the exact same thing( I've never gotten any form of pied from his dad btw)

It looks like some one erased some of the color off one feather LOL

Oh and not sure if it matters but the babies full mutation is Sky Violet Split to Opaline, Cinnamon and ino

with his wing open - seems to just be this 1 feather - p.s. I cleaned his tail after I saw the pic he'd ran through the food dish at dinner time I thought I got it all off didn't realize it was on his tail until I uploaded the picture

Other side doesn't have it

a bit closer up of the wing

this was him Just Yesterday - it wasn't there - this one was taken through glass so the 2nd baby looks funny it's just from the glass

other side still not there as of yesterday

nope not there

His Parents are Zeus - Violet Sky Blue Cinnamon Split to Opaline Male and Ariel Albino Masking Opaline female ( I don't know what else She's masking or split to she's only had a total of 6 babies with 2 different boys These being the last 3 she's had so far)

I don't recall Zeus having the odd feather - But I'll have a look tomorrow they're in bed right now

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I think that feather is just out of place :) many feathers are different colors on the undersides where they would normally be covered and we don't notice them ;)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's what i thought at first but When We spread out his wings all feathers are facing in the upright position and it just stands out like a sore thumb LOL

I just thought it was odd how it just appeared out of no where lol

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
that's what i thought at first but When We spread out his wings all feathers are facing in the upright position and it just stands out like a sore thumb LOL

I just thought it was odd how it just appeared out of no where lol
It looks in the pic with his wing out though that it is still out of place... the white part should be going under the other feathers not on top of it :)

Are all his other feathers dark along there? Its hard to tell since they are all laying right :) He could be a very very lightly marked recessive pied if that is the only strange colored feather :D

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am pretty sure they're all dark, I'll check again in a bit when I feed them

I know Opaline's have those odd color feathers I was starting to think maybe he's just showing his Split to Opaline side lol

but I'll try to get a better look when I take him out to feed him, and see what i can tell then.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:embarrassed: it was one of his flight feathers over lapping another flight feather and peeking out of the smaller upper sections of feathers

no wonder it just seemed to appear over night lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.