Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2015
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I completely agree Kate - I hate it when people talk badly of them - after all it was humans that introduced them here. And he was so sweet poor little thing.

Haha Cathy yes the list is ongoing :) I almost took the little guy to the vet because when I went to release him he just lay in my hands for a couple of minutes and I was worried he had injured himself but I think he was just worn out and scared - he took off chuckling after a couple of minutes.

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
Aww, such a cute and lucky little creature to have found your TLC, Niamh:hug:

·
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good thing you didn't take him to the vet. By law any non native species has to be put to sleep. This is why I would never call WIRES for a non native bird.
Wow I hadn't realised!! That's a bit harsh a law:mad: poor little bird doesn't deserve a death sentence for doing nothing wrong!

·
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good work young lady, and thank's for sharing...:)
Thanks Randy :)

Aww, such a cute and lucky little creature to have found your TLC, Niamh:hug:
Thanks Nick - yes he was so sweet :)

Niamhf My mum said to tell you the bird is an Indian Myna...We have them here to... I'm glad you caught him so he didn't hurt himself... Hope he didn't bite you.... Thanks for saving him Niamhf.. My mother knows her birds well......
Thanks Lyn :) no he didn't even try to bite - poor little thing just wanted to be back outside with his family. He was panting with exhaustion (me too!! He certainly didn't make it easy for me) - I had to chase him into our directors office (who thankfully wasn't there at the time :eek: in order to corner him and by the time I caught him the place was completely ransacked!! :eek:
I tried to fix things back the way they had been afterwards but there were so many sheets of paper that had flown around the room and things knocked over that I had no clue what had went where by the time I was done. When the director came in later I explained what had happened and promised him I didn't sneak the bird in in my handbag to begin with!! ;) he was fine about it - what could he say really :D

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,305 Posts
Sounds like you were exhausted to... I am happy the little Indian Myna bird got to be with his family... You wouldn't think that one little bird would cause so much trouble in the work office... But your boss i guess had a good laugh... I am glad that they let you take the bird back to his family outside...

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,807 Posts
I agree Niamh. Wonder what they would do if someone brought in an African Grey or a Macaw that they had found injured here in the wild, especially if it was a Hyacinth Macaw which is endangered in their native habitat and on CITES.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.