Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 4 new birds following all quarantine guidelines all 4 birds come from the same aviary, I know ones sex but the other 3 I'm not sure and would like to get an idea which of these would make the best pair.

Ok Yellow bird number 1 Very Yellow all over the body. Has red eyes.

Ok More what than yellow im thinking DEC, pretty little bird

Sorry for really blury picture.

I think this is a very beautiful bird multiple colors think this one is a girl.

and Last but not least a Sky Blue Dominant Pied i believe its a he.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Human Jungle-gym
3,270 Posts
I believe that you are correct with the last two. :)

The all yellow one with red eyes looks like it could be a Lutino, which means that it looks female. The one you believe to be DEC, if it is, then I would presume it to be male.

I'm sure someone with more experience will come along, but I believe that is correct. Better pictures would have certainly helped. :)

(A picture of the full bird, no flash, not blurry)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have my cell camera that particular bird is always in motion so hard to get a pic of it clearly. but ill try.

·
Registered
936 Posts
the one you think is a female (the light blue one) i also think is female, i would say she is oapline and maybe spangled to (but im not 100%sure on the spangled). also does she have a yellow face? maybe its just my eyes, but that could be yellow faced aswell. very pretty bird.

the pied, i think is dominant and a male- does he have a yellow head/face? if so he could be yellow face aswell.

the first two are hard for me im still learning, but the first could be Lutino as Becca said
and the second i have no idea except that it has a yellow face witch could mean yellow faced.
dont take my word for it though as im still learning! hope someone with more experiance is around soon to let you know :)
i love the blue female she is just beautiful! wish i could find one as pretty as her for my opaline boy.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
1/ Lutino – (picture not clear enough to tell the sex)

2/ Are it’s eyes red or black? If it has red eyes it is a creamino. If it’s eyes are black it could be a yellow face dark eyed clear but dark eyed clears do not often appear unless they are deliberately bred so it is more likely to be a young yellow face double factor spangle. I think it is female

3/ Yellow face opaline greywing sky blue female

4/ (Yellow face?) Dominant pied sky blue male. The dominant pied is most likely double factor

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eyes are black on number 2 which is why i was thinking DEC. These birds are supposed to be of breeding age, but i cant really tell.

I was going to Pair up Number 1, 2 and 3 and 4 Do you think that would be a good match?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I was going to Pair up Number 1, 2 and 3 and 4 Do you think that would be a good match?
If the lutino is male all his daughters will be either lutino or albino regardless of the mutation of his mate. If the lutino is male half of the male chicks would be clearflight pied if No 2 is a dark eyed clear, but if she is a double factor spangle the males would all be spangle

No 3 & 4 paired together should produce some nice pieds and yellow faced chicks but probably not quite like the hen

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

red eyes makes it an albino, it looks like it has yellow on its head, if so it is a yellow faced albino... sometimes called creamino.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Your number 3 looks just like my male sky blue yellow face 2 opaline greywing. His name is Jehan. Check him out on my gallery. I swear there is pale purple on the back of his head, his wing tips and tail. He is my prettiest but least friendly bird, but I've only had him for a month, so I'm hoping he'll warm up eventually. Too bad you're all the way in Oklahoma or we could get them together!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.