Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am holding Gemma on my chest and hugging her. I haven't been able to do that in what feels like so long because of her egg issues. Anyway, I heard her making some noises but I was reading something online and didn't pay much attention. She was in a receiving blanket. I got up a few minutes later and went to put her to bed. I set her in her cage and something falls from the receiving blanket... an egg! She laid an egg while snuggling on my chest. It has a streak of blood on it :/. Poor thing. This is her second one. She laid the first on last Saturday.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. My life is pretty stressful right now. I hope it calms down soon.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The funny thing is that I was talking to her during and right before snuggle time, just telling her I love her and I know it is hard being a girl. And definitely hard making that transition from baby to big girl and I forgive her for being such a crab. She immediately calmed down to snuggle....the egg happened sometime there after lol. I think they really do understand more than we give them credit for.

·
Member of the Month Sept 2014
1,364 Posts
Wow, she obviously trusts you 100% to lay an egg while you're snuggling her, and you are absolutely right about them understanding us, they don't understand what we say but they listen to our tones, if we are stressed they pick up on it, you were obviously relaxed which gives her the security to enjoy the cuddle and lay the egg.
Great story, thanks for sharing with us :)

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,147 Posts
Well that isn't something I have read about happening before. Quite an experience and hopefully this is the light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
It's good that she passed the egg well, still I hope this will be the end of her egg laying business.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.