Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
57,889 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss of Mango. It's never easy to say goodbye to one of our little ones.
I'm sure Kiwi misses him but it sounds as though he is adjusting as well as can be expected.
The fact that Kiwi is 10 or 11 years old is a great testament to the care you've provided for him.
I wouldn't be overly concerned about him visiting the bottom of the cage periodically. It may be something he's always done and you are just now noticing it since you are will him all day. My budgies will often hop around on the cage bottom for a bit before heading off to do something else they find interesting.
I'd basically let KIwi do his own thing. If he wants your company you are there and he can come to you if/when he feels comfortable in doing so.

·
Administrator
57,889 Posts
Some budgies nails do grow faster than others.
Additionally, birds on an all seed diet will be more prone to issues with overgrowth of their nails and beaks due to the impact the fat has on their liver.
Just be careful you don't give him too much food and cause obesity. It's great he's doing well now which is a testament to your good care.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts