Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,805 Posts
Sorry for your loss of Mango. I do think that birds have a sense when another is ill, I have observed that with my birds for sure. In the next several days you should be able to tell if Kiwi seems depressed at the loss. I would let him do whatver he is comfortable doing and not try to attempt any taming at this point, being the only bird now he may or may not decide that you are a suitable friend. Because you have moved him into your room he may seem a little uncomfortable for a bit as this is a new spce for him. When you go to college are there other household members that will be home a good deal of the time or at that point will Kiwi be all alone? At 10-11 years old he is considered an old guy but I would trim the nails since both of you are already used to that, if the nails get too long it can cause problems with the ability to grip and perch properly and the nails can get caught in things.

·
Super Moderator
4,805 Posts
Did Mango and Kiwi ever play at the bottom of the cage? It does seem odd but maybe that is his way of looking for Mango, the loud chirps are probably a flock call so he is calling for him.
A really ill bird will sit puffed up at the bottom of the cage but I am assuming that is not at all what Kiwi is doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts