Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
How cute! For stepping up, just continue like you have been for a while. Then you can try offering millet only if they get on your hand- take it away if they don't. Then slowly transition to one finger. That's how I got Niko to step up.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you for this advice Katherine! I will definitely try this! will pick up some millet when I get their new cage this week. :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Since trimming Ollie & Daisy's nails yesterday, they are not as willing to come over to me, understandably. I had to grab them to do it, luckily I did which is how I discovered Ollie has bumblefoot. Today, I offered a bit of seed in my hand inside of the cage for them- they were both frightened, though after about 5 minutes Ollie was stretching his neck and eating from my hand, he then stepped up onto my open palm whilst eating. Daisy was wanting to come over as well but didn't. Ollie ate for a little bit and left, then I held my hand outside of the cage, and they both flew to my hand eating for a little bit, then left.

I'm going to offer hand feeding them seed every day to try and keep bonding, but it's a bit hard on them considering I grabbed them, and now will have to check Ollie weekly to see how is foot is going.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.