Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had my green budgie, Mochi, since January, and he (presumably) is now 5 months old. I was told he is male, and was pretty sure myself, but now that I'm getting a second one, I want to be sure. I don't have many great photos in natural light, but I'll show what I can. He definitely seemed dark and purple-y on his cere when I got him. These pictures are from newest to oldest.

I also have pictures from the breeder (the same one I got Mochi from) of the new baby I'm thinking of getting (violet...ish?). The photos I have aren't taken in natural light, however. I'm just looking for an idea. The breeder thought male, but since the budgies have just barely finished weaning, they're not confident in their judgement. I'm really hoping for two males so they get along, but if Mochi is not a boy, then I'm already stuck with a predicament.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Just in case it helps, here is the new budgie compared to his/her siblings in case you can tell the cere color better by comparison. My potential baby is the far right.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,303 Posts
Ah, thank you so much! That definitely stops my worrying then! Especially since they're from the same parents (I think) I wouldn't want to accidentally have a male and a female.
I agree, both are gorgeous boys! Good job on wanting to do your research! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
May I ask when you are planning to pick up your new little boy?
He's a cutie! Have you decided on a name for him yet?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm at college and my vehicle isn't reliable, so I need to figure out with my family when they can pick him up and bring him out to me. Probably in the next two weeks? He was just finished weaning this past week, so he's all ready to go I was told. C:

I don't have a name yet for sure, I feel like I always need to know their personality first, but at this point I'm thinking Kumo. Since Mochi is Japanese (named after a sweet food I think he looks like), I wanted to stick with that theme. Kumo means cloud, and he looks like he has a little cloud on his stomach. Kumo also means spider but.... We're going to go with cloud, haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.