Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beautiful albino hen with one tiny cinnamon throat spot, Any idea what this means?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Albino birds have silver cheek patches normally. They also can have a tinge of color in their body, wings and face patches. On the other hand you could have gotten lucky in buying a lightly patterned lacewing but that would be a very rare find. could we se a close up photo of the cheeks and body?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Is it one of the babies you got from me April? If so I dont think it is a lacewing ;)

I have had a number of albino females with cinnamon looking markings, one in particular I would swear was a poorly marked lacewing if I didn't know better. It is more than likely just a odd color showing. Here is a pic of what I mean, it shows much better in real life but you can see it a little bit :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
These are pictures of Star. (Yes, Lindsey one of yours With Jinx for a father it's a possibility as he's split to both cinnamon and ino but unless I breed her to a cinnamon male I'll never know for sure)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I am all mixed up! :laughing: I was thinking she was from Sapphire and Java and he is only split ino :p I didnt realize that was so long ago that you got them until I looked at my records! :eek:

I honestly think she is just an ino, but I guess stranger things could happen :) She never had any pigment and looked just like any other ino I have seen, very different than my lacewings when they were born. Do you have a cinnamon male to pair her with? :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no I don't have any cinnamons at all as far as I know. I'm planning to pair her with Leon, a sky blue texas clearbody. If I get any albinos I'll know he's split to ino, if not I'll have a handful of TCB's- It's a win-win situation:D Have to say though I've never seen a cinnamon TCB;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.