Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, new bird - and since I rely on you guys for a guess of the age since the staff at the pet store knows about as much as I do. Guess the age - it has barring really lightly on the top of the head near the cere but I don't know if it shows up in the pictures. I leave it up to you!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Okay I'm no expert by any means, but from what I was researching last night, I would say maybe 3-4 months since it still has barring on the top of it's head, and still appears to have dark pupils.

·
Banned
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, but until I get figured out why the breeder recalled it to the pet store.... well... I guess I will have to wait if Nyx stays with me or if I have to get a new bird.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
It's actually just Dominant Pied, not Clear Flight. Clear Flight has no splotchiness on the chest area. But it is sky blue and also female.
clear flight pied is the Flight feathers being clear - I have 2 of them that look just like this one only one is cobalt blue the other is sky blue Opaline

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It is a sky blue dominant pied female between 3 and 6 months old. Rachelle is right about clearflight pied and dominant pied being different mutations. Both mutations have clearflight feathers and both mutations have a dominant breeding pattern BUT they are different mutations.

The clearflight pied is also known as a dutch pied or continental pied, it has clear flight feathers, slight blotchiness on it's chest and a clear patch on the back of it's head.

The dominant pied is also known as the Australian banded pied. It has clear flight feathers, a clear band or patch on it's front and a clear patch on the back of it's head

Although both types have a dominant breeding pattern they react differently when paired to other mutations or each other. There are other subtle differences in the shape of the wing markings that an experienced person would spot that are difficult to explain

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
dominant pied female and very yound as she has no iris ring and still has visablr lines on her head. my male looks kust like that..they would make a great pair lol.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.