Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
well i have 3 opalines a male cobalt opaline and a female sky blue opaline and a clearflight green dominant pied opaline! but my question is do you need two opaline (male & female) to breed opalines or can you breed opalines with an opaline and a normal?
please answer quick i need to know asap!
thanks alot! :D :D :D :budgie: :budgie: :budgie: :budgie:

G

·
Opalines are sex-linked mutations. Cocks can have hidden genes but not hen which must be visual.

Opaline cocks breed with normal hens can produce opaline female chicks and normal male chicks split for opalines.

Opaline hens breed with normal cocks (not split for opalines) will produce normal male chicks split for opalines. If the normal cocks is split for opalines then you will get opaline female chicks.

Both **** and hen are opalines then this pair will produce 100 % opaline chicks.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
to produce male opaline chicks both parents must be visually opaline
if the female is not opaline there is 50% chance of getting male opaline chicks
opaline **** x normal hen = will produse female opaline chicks.
female opaline x normal **** = normal males and females..males will be split ( i think)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
A pair of opalines will produce 100% opaline chicks

A female opaline mated to a **** bird that is split for opaline will produce 50% opaline of both sexes

A female opaline mated to a normal **** that is not split for opaline will produce normal hens and normal split opaline cocks (no visual opaline)

A male opaline mated to a normal hen will produce all female opalines and non-opaline males that are split for opaline

A male that is split for opaline mated to a normal hen will produce 25% opaline hens, 25% normal hens, 255 normal cocks & 25% normal split opaline cocks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.