Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, im not looking to breed any particular color or mutation, well i guess its not that im not looking to but i just dont have any idea what i could go for with her (as i dont know very much about that stuff but im eager to learn), what would you all look for in a male -for mutations or color ect, to suit my girl.

this is her Aldieb.below.

this is her mum Skylar, below.

and this is her dad Oliver, below.

any and all coments welcome.
thank you :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Her dad looks opaline and her mum recessive pied.she therefore is split for recessive pied and is opaline too.If want the chicks to look like her mother you need a male carrying recessive pied either visual or in split form.If you'd like them to be also-or opaline the male must be opaline or split for it too.Unfortunatley I'm not an expert and can't tell you about the colours.Don't know about grey colour

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is an opaline grey and because her mother was a recessive pied she will be split for recessive pied. Her father is an opaline grey green but she has not inherited any green. Grey is a blue series colour so if she is mated to a blue series male the chicks will all be blue series. If you choose a mate for her that is either a recessive pied or is split for recessive pied you will get some chicks like her mother. If you want opalines you would need to choose a mate that is opaline or split for opaline. To get grey greens like her dad you would need to mate her to a green male

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thank you Nazvolt and Nev90, i had completely missed the Opaline in her and her dad (i'm still learning about opline, spangles ect), i knew her mum is recessive pied, and the dad grey green. I love learning all this stuff , I'm also breeding chickens-interesting genetics. I would like to get a recessive pied male for "Aldieb", I seen a couple of nice ones yesterday they were young though, so I'm trying to find some more close to where i live (I'm in the country).
Again thank you both very much for helping me out :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.