Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local bird club holds a Nest Feather Show for our November club night. A nest feather show is for the young chicks who are breed in the current ring year, which in New Zealand starts July 1st.

And we won! Best Beginner and Best in Show!

Before you all get too carried away at my complete awesomeness, let me just say that this is really a fun night and the judge is a knowledgeable club member not an 'official' judge. I still think my boy is great, but I am not about to say he will be sitting on the top bench at a real show.

Here is my gorgeous boy with his cup :D

·
Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
WooooHoooo......Congrat's to you and your "boy" Li...he is a handsome dude for sure....nice cup....:cool:

Reactions: milipidi

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,418 Posts
Our

He's got that look at me expression and holding himself nice and tall. You should be a proud mama. I can here him all the way over here: "look at Me"MA !
My first winners were 3 grey green **** brothers. :p:budge:Blessings, Jo Ann

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,908 Posts
Congratulations Li. Don't underestimate him. If he keeps developing you would have a very good chance at the top bench. He has height and a good blow and his spots look like they are going to come in well too.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Congratulations on your first win, Li! :first: Your boy is truly stunning, I love his puffy head! :)

·
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all. I will keep you updated with is progress. I think I shall name him TB :)

He's got that look at me expression and holding himself nice and tall. You should be a proud mama. I can here him all the way over here: "look at Me"MA !
My first winners were 3 grey green **** brothers. :p:budge:Blessings, Jo Ann
It was in part his posing that got him the win. While his competition was running around the bottom of the cage, he was showing off to the judge.

I do like how the grey greens show and I do have some lovely grey novice birds, so we may continue with them at least for a while.

Congratulations Li. Don't underestimate him. If he keeps developing you would have a very good chance at the top bench. He has height and a good blow and his spots look like they are going to come in well too.
Thank you Kate. We are keeping fingers crossed that he continue to develops to his potential. He has a cinnamon sister too, that has a nice profile but just lacks his size and showmanship.

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
All I can say is ,LUCKY There is so much water between us LI:D He is absolutely awesome. He is standing so tall and proud and that cup you will have to get hubby to make atrophy cabinet I am sure:first::grouphug:

OH I LOVE THE NAME TOO:budgie:

·
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think my boy must have been reading all your lovely comments. I am sure his head has gotten even puffier today. :D

·
Member of the Month Dec 2014
1,089 Posts
Congrats Li!!! A "fun" show is an awesome achievement too; especially since your little guy was being evaluated by an experienced breeder. Very nice!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.