Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as a few of you know next spring im breeding Piplup and Chibi-Chibi just wondering if someone could help me out with the possible out comes :)
I know that spangle is a dom gene so i should be expecting spangle.

Hen : Skyblue Spangle
****: YF2 Skyblue recessive pied

UPDATE : Piplups parents mutations
Hen (Opaline greywing sky) X **** (Green spangle Split blue cinnamon)

so will the parents show if shes hidding any mutations? / carry them on

Thanks !

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
I'm gonna throw my guess out there and see how I do. You should have all sky blues: 50% spangle, 50% normal. Maybe you'll get some YF in there and none will be pied. This is assuming that neither are split for anything else. How'd I do experts? :)

G

·
Offsprings will be 50% spangle cocks and 50% normal hens. 100% skyblue and all normals split for recessive pied. Hidden genes in the parents will give some surprises.

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone ! I posted Piplups parents mutations to help show is shes hidding genes / will carry them on :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts

If the hen is not split for recessive pied and neither bird is carrying any other mutations:
25% sky blue normal
25% yellow face sky blue
25% sky blue spangle
25% yellow face sky blue spangle

The hen will not have inherited opaline or cinnamon from her parents because they are sex-linked mutations. She will be split for greywing but it will only show in the chicks if the **** bird is also split

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

If the hen is not split for recessive pied and neither bird is carrying any other mutations:
25% sky blue normal
25% yellow face sky blue
25% sky blue spangle
25% yellow face sky blue spangle

The hen will not have inherited opaline or cinnamon from her parents because they are sex-linked mutations. She will be split for greywing but it will only show in the chicks if the **** bird is also split
Thank you Nev !

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want one of their babies :love: They are both sooo gorgeous!
Hehe maybe :p Thank you ! :D
I won't be any help with this but I just wanted to say I've never seen a Spangle as gorgeous as Piplup!

The black edging on her wings are so crisp and so beautiful! :love:
Thank you Kelsey :) Her markings are wonderful !Her twin sister looks alot like her to just the markings are not so dark.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.