♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Their both opaline!

what would i get if...

i paired this one

with phoenix

here are the parents of the blue one

Bella is light green opaline spangle, her mum is a light green cinnamon and her dad is a light green spangle.
Jewel opaline blue (think clearflight pied too)..his dad is a violet pied, his mum was a cinnamon grey

·
Registered
322 Posts
I know, I know! Beautiful babies :) No, I don't know, lol...but they'll be cute for sure, best of luck!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Cobalt Opaline male (25% chance he is split for Cinnamon) to a Light Green Opaline girl..If Phoenix is not split for blue, you'll get 100% Opaline greens. If she is, then 50% Opaline greens, and 50% Opaline Cobalts and Sky blues.
If the boy is indeed split for Cinnamon, you'll get 50% of the female chicks being Cinnamon Opalines, and 50% of the male chicks being split for Cinnamon.
Of course the male is way too young at the moment, if that is a recent photo of him.

They'll make beautiful babies, I agree with quietone! Good luck if/when you do breed them.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your baby opaline blue male has not inherited spangle, grey or clearflight pied (which I can’t see) from his parents but I think he has inherited a violet factor from his mother (not his father). His father will be split for cinnamon so there is a 50% chance that he has inherited a cinnamon gene. As neither of his parents have any dark factor he cannot be a cobalt so he is probably a violet sky blue

Phoenix is opaline light green

If Phoenix is not split for blue and the opaline baby is not split for cinnamon and no other mutations appear, all their chicks would be opaline light green and half of them would be carrying violet

If Phoenix is split for blue you would get:
50% opaline light green
25% opaline sky blue
25% opaline violet sky blue

If Phoenix is split for blue and the baby is split for cinnamon you would get:
25% opaline light green males
12.5% opaline light green females
12.5% opaline cinnamon light green females
12.5% opaline sky blue males
6.25% opaline sky blue females
6.25% opaline cinnamon sky blue females
12.5% opaline violet sky blue males
6.25% opaline violet sky blue females
6.25% opaline cinnamon violet sky blue females

If the baby is split for cinnamon half of his sons will also be split for cinnamon

Expect to see some very nice chicks in about 12 months time

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cobalt Opaline male (25% chance he is split for Cinnamon) to a Light Green Opaline girl..If Phoenix is not split for blue, you'll get 100% Opaline greens. If she is, then 50% Opaline greens, and 50% Opaline Cobalts and Sky blues.
If the boy is indeed split for Cinnamon, you'll get 50% of the female chicks being Cinnamon Opalines, and 50% of the male chicks being split for Cinnamon.
Of course the male is way too young at the moment, if that is a recent photo of him.

They'll make beautiful babies, I agree with quietone! Good luck if/when you do breed them.
and yes that is a very recent pic..i am planning for the future:p

Your baby opaline blue male has not inherited spangle, grey or clearflight pied (which I can't see) from his parents but I think he has inherited a violet factor from his mother (not his father). His father will be split for cinnamon so there is a 50% chance that he has inherited a cinnamon gene. As neither of his parents have any dark factor he cannot be a cobalt so he is probably a violet sky blue

Phoenix is opaline light green

If Phoenix is not split for blue and the opaline baby is not split for cinnamon and no other mutations appear, all their chicks would be opaline light green and half of them would be carrying violet

If Phoenix is split for blue you would get:
50% opaline light green
25% opaline sky blue
25% opaline violet sky blue

If Phoenix is split for blue and the baby is split for cinnamon you would get:
25% opaline light green males
12.5% opaline light green females
12.5% opaline cinnamon light green females
12.5% opaline sky blue males
6.25% opaline sky blue females
6.25% opaline cinnamon sky blue females
12.5% opaline violet sky blue males
6.25% opaline violet sky blue females
6.25% opaline cinnamon violet sky blue females

If the baby is split for cinnamon half of his sons will also be split for cinnamon

Expect to see some very nice chicks in about 12 months time
thanks nev. you always have brilliant anwsers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.