Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know what outcomes to expect from this pair. I've had trouble solidly nailing down a mutation on Bruce and Purl is absolutely purple in person, but it doesn't show in photos so there has been question about that.

Bruce

Purl

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Bruce is Recessive pied Yellow face and looks Violet cobalt in the picture

Purl is a Violet Grey wing

go here and put their mutations in and you'll be told what you'll get - If you know if they're split to anything put that too

males go on the left under 1.0 Females on the right under 0.1

be sure to click Blue for your female and yellow face blue for your male if you don't the outcome will come as green
to get violet cobalt click violet, the yellow face blue, and under dark factor click Single Factor(SF) dark factor it takes 1 dark factor to make Cobalt so you'll need to click that so the calculator knows he's cobalt

http://www.gencalc.com/

oh and 1 more thing - ignore the fact it's going to tell you that every baby will be yellow face because it won't be - that part is wrong on there

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Shot in the dark here but looking at the wing markings would Purl not be an opaline (am rubbish at mutations - so apologies if way off the mark)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Shot in the dark here but looking at the wing markings would Purl not be an opaline (am rubbish at mutations - so apologies if way off the mark)
she maybe But the pics are too small for me to see very well
but just going by the 1st pic of her, i would say no

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Bruce looks like a grey wing recessive pied yellow face may be violet and Purl looks like grey wing opaline violet. So the chicks will be...
Grey wings
Normals
No pieds unless Purl is split for it
Blues and violets
half yellow face type two
Good luck

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I've been told by a couple of the mutations experts that Bruce is also opaline and maybe spangle. I'd really like a yf opaline spangle violet so we shall see. My real goal with them is to produce a yf violet greywing. The opaline and spangle would just be bonus.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
from those photos of bruce i would not be surprised if he was opaline, but i see some normal wing markings so do not think he is spangle.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Toni. It was Nev who said spangle after looking at several pictures and he's pretty good at mutations. Guess we will find out in a few months, huh? :) Thanks again for all the help.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I don't see the spangle either just the recessive pied and maybe Opaline but with the yellow wash that makes it harder to tell

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like I said, I'm certainly uncertain. I rely on Toni, Nev, and Barrie mostly. There was someone else (don't remember his name at the moment) who said yf2 opaline greywing recessive pied. One thing I do know, I'm excited to see the babies. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.