Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
i want to breed the following 2 pairs very soon, what would i get from each pair?!
1) grey-green **** & sky blue opaline hen
2) grey opaline spangle **** & green cinnamon hen!
thanks everyone! :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
don't know about the colours.As for the rest first pair all males split for opaline and none visible.Second pair will be half spangle,all females will be opaline and all males split for cinnamon.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Photos are always great but from your description I will take a guess. Keep in mind i'm not an expert so I would wait until nev comes along.

#1 grey-green **** & sky blue opaline hen
You will get 100% normal green chicks UNLESS.....
You could get about 50% blue chicks if your **** is carrying blue. Green is dominant and blue is recessive. So it depends on what genes your **** is carrying. You could also get opaline if your **** is carrying it. Opaline is sex linked, this means your **** either has to be opaline or carry the gene for your chicks to be opaline.

#2 grey opaline spangle **** & green cinnamon hen!
You will most likely get green and grey green chicks. You can also get normal and spangle chicks. Both are dominant so you will probably get 50 50 of each. You will have opaline chicks seeing that your **** is opaline as well. None of your chick will be cinnamon unless your **** is carrying it. Cinnamon is a sex linked gene so you male would have to either have to be cinnamon or carry it. Your male chicks will carry cinnamon though you will not be able to see it.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
1) grey-green **** & sky blue opaline hen
If the **** is not split for blue you will get:
50% green
50% grey green
If the **** is split for blue you'd get:
25% green
25% grey green
25% blue
25% grey
If the **** is split for opaline about half the chicks of both sexes would be opaline. If he is not split for opaline there will be no visible opalines but all the male chicks will all be split for opaline. The shades of blue & green will depend on the dark factor of the **** but none will have more than 1 dark factor

2) grey opaline spangle **** & green cinnamon hen!
If the hen is not split for blue you'd get:
12.5% normal green males
12.5% normal grey green males
12.5% spangle green males
12.5% spangle grey green males
12.5% opaline green females
12.5% opaline grey green females
12.5% opaline spangle green females
12.5% opaline spangle grey green females
If the hen is split for blue you'd get:
6.25% normal green males
6.25% normal grey green males
6.25% normal blue males
6.25% normal grey males
6.25% spangle green males
6.25% spangle grey green males
6.25% spangle blue males
6.25% spangle grey males
6.25% opaline normal green females
6.25% opaline normal grey green females
6.25% opaline normal blue females
6.25% opaline normal grey females
6.25% opaline spangle green females
6.25% opaline spangle grey green females
6.25% opaline spangle blue females
6.25% opaline spangle grey females
All the male chicks will be split for opaline. If the **** is split for cinnamon about half the chicks of both sexes would be cinnamon as well as their other mutations. If he is not split for cinnamon there will be no visible cinnamons but all the male chicks will all be split for cinnamon as well as opaline

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi everyone, i have a breeding journal, the title is Theo & sky, Theo is the grey opaline spangle male & sky is a sky blue opaline hen, they have 3 chicks all under 15 days old, i will pair theo up with my green cinnamon hen mini, in a few months! :D
thanks for all your help

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Did I read this right? Is it possible to get blue babies from a grey x green pairing, if the green budgie is split to blue? I had thought they would only produce greys and grey greens?
As long as the grey is single factor you will get blues

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.