Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm back from holidays. I have also been sick since I go back so I haven't been on here for ages.

Paddy was so excited to see me when I got home. It melted my heart. He saw me and ran to the front of the cage and just came to me and gave me kisses no end. I wasn't sure how he would react.

He adjusted way better than I thought to me being away for so long. The only thing he does is at night he used to wait to come down my shirt when the sun went down but now he gets in his cage and hides under a sheet of paper on the top tray of his cage. he also sleeps there now and will not sleep in his happy hut which he used to love. I just get him to come to me each night and he is happy to go down my shirt once I do that. I think it's just a habit he got into when I was away.

Apart from that he's his cute cuddly happy little self. I missed him and my budgies so much. They are all doing well.

One of his latest favourite spots is hiding in my towel when I hang it over the shower top. He plays in there for hours at a time, making cooing noises. I have some photos below of him in my pink towel :)

Deb, there is a photo of him trying to get right into the plane you gave him. It's taken him 1 month to even get on it! He rings the bell like Peachy does on it now though really roughly - surprised it's not broken.

The budgies love the triangular swing and sleep on it often. I'll have to get a photo of them on it.

Enjoy the photos. It's good to be back and see everyone.

·
Administrator
60,609 Posts
Madonna,
I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. :hug:
It's great to see you back. Paddy is just as handsome as can be! I love the pictures of him with your towel -- it makes me just want to cuddle him!
Kisses to you and Paddy from Peachy
xoxo

PS Peachy wants Paddy to know he rings all of his bells as hard as he can too.
He's managed to knock a couple of them totally off and I've had to fix them for him. :rolleyes:

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you have been sick, but am glad you are now feeling better, Madonna. :hug:
I have been waiting for this update and it's great that your Paddy received you so well and even greeted you with lots of kisses.

Thanks for the update and the cute pics of your boy! :D

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,238 Posts
I am sorry you didn't feel well, Madonna.. It's all gone now, right? :)
these pics are great! I love the way he looks at you while being in that towel! :D
he is as cute as he can be! :love:
As for the warm welcome, I believe that this way he would react! He is a very loving friend! :)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Madonna, it's great to have you back (and the flock too, of course ;))

Paddy is such a sweetheart and I'm so glad he's responding so well. Those pictures are just so cute! I can just imagine him snuggling in that towel :giggle:

Thanks for the update--we did miss them! :D

Good to see pics of the handsome Paddy, and to have you back Madonna...:)
Thank you.

Madonna,
I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. :hug:
It's great to see you back. Paddy is just as handsome as can be! I love the pictures of him with your towel -- it makes me just want to cuddle him!
Kisses to you and Paddy from Peachy
xoxo

PS Peachy wants Paddy to know he rings all of his bells as hard as he can too.
He's managed to knock a couple of them totally off and I've had to fix them for him. :rolleyes:
Oh that Peachy and Paddy are like peas in a pod with the silly little things they do! Kisses back to Peachy from Paddy.

What a cutie! How old is your lovie? :D
Thanks. My little boy is 9 months old, just a baby - well to me anyway.

Madonna, I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday! I'm sorry you got sick :( I hope you are all better now :). Paddy is as cute as ever, and it's good to hear everyone's doing well!
Thanks very much. Yes, I'm just about better now thanks.

Nice to see you back,Madonna!:hug: I'm sorry you were sick.:( Paddy is as cute as always!:giggle:
Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear you have been sick, but am glad you are now feeling better, Madonna. :hug:
I have been waiting for this update and it's great that your Paddy received you so well and even greeted you with lots of kisses.

Thanks for the update and the cute pics of your boy! :D
Yes, Ana, it's so good to be back with him and the budgie boys. I cannot believe how quickly he learnt (or unlearnt) the behaviours he had picked up when I was away. I just used my voice firmly when he bit me too hard and touched his little beak while I was saying it. It was so cute to watch as he knew he was being told off and corrected his behaviour by gently nudging me instead - too sweet! I do that still if he gets out of line and he totally knows what it means. Reminds me so much of a dog the way he learns things.

I am sorry you didn't feel well, Madonna.. It's all gone now, right? :)
these pics are great! I love the way he looks at you while being in that towel! :D
he is as cute as he can be! :love:
As for the warm welcome, I believe that this way he would react! He is a very loving friend! :)
Thank you Despina. Yes, I'm just about better thanks, not quite there but getting there. Yes, when I 'disturb' him when he's in the towel I'm not popular at all. It's like "Get away from me. This is MY towel." :rolleyes:

·
Member of the Month November 2014
3,202 Posts
Madonna, it's so great to see you back finally. I saw your thread and got excited because I hadn't seen any for A WHILE!!! lol. Paddy is just a little sweetheart, and I'm glad to know that he was very excited to see you come home! Can't wait to see more posts from you!!!

-Kristen

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome back Madonna :) I hope you had a great holiday. Oh how cute is Paddy :D I'm sure he was absolutely delighted to see you :)
Yes, thanks, had a wonderful holiday with my best friend in Canada. Also got to stay with Deb and her flock! So much fun. They are even more gorgeous in 'feather'.

Madonna, it's so great to see you back finally. I saw your thread and got excited because I hadn't seen any for A WHILE!!! lol. Paddy is just a little sweetheart, and I'm glad to know that he was very excited to see you come home! Can't wait to see more posts from you!!!

Thank you. Once I find my battery recharger for my camera there will be more photos :)

-Kristen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.