Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Here are some more surprises I had the last 2 weeks!

Genetics of these may be easier?

All but chick number 2 throws me off the boil !

Pair 2 (parents): "Frooty" (Hen) x "Rainbow 1" (****)
..note dad's not a green, nor green split for blue...but Yellow-face (YF) type2 with blue "bottom"!..while he could be split for cinnamon from mom "Choc-chip"..
Budgy04-11_0237e1s.jpg

The 4 chicks:
Budgy0611_0006ee1.jpg

Budgy0611_0007e1.jpg

Budgy0611_0011e1.jpg

My guesses:
Chick 1 (Yellow-based greywing spangle?)

Chick 2 (YF T2 Grey Green?):

Chick 3 (Normal Blue with SF?, but there looks to be some "blue body colour/spangle-type" markings between the normal black of the wing markings?)

Chick 4 (Opaline spangle...hope it's a girl!..maybe a bit of yellowin the face?)

Thanks to all !
jacodk

...names too please!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
your saying the dad is not a green series bird, but saying you have a "grey green" chick (or possibly) - if both parents are blue series you won't get Green babies - a budgie can not be split to green

The dad actually does look Green in the pic its not uncommon for Green budgies to have a blue tinge to them

also mom is not opaline so dad must be split(he doesn't look visually Opaline in the pic) there for baby #4 is automatically female also she's a violet Opaline and looks to be Cobalt Violet

also where is baby 3's Nails? I see the Toes but no nails

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Chick three has an odd looking foot :s

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Chick 1 - Could be a yellow face spangle greywing
Chick 2 - If the dad is not a green it must be a yellow face normal (probably mauve)
Chck 3 - Opaline cobalt female
Chick 4 - Opaline spangle cobalt female

Names:
Jupiter
Mars
Venus
Saturn

Chick three has an odd looking foot :s
I think it's just because the nails are clogged with dirt

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Names...
Velvet
Bossy
Henna
Whipple
Chick 1 - Could be a yellow face spangle greywing
Chick 2 - If the dad is not a green it must be a yellow face normal (probably mauve)
Chck 3 - Opaline cobalt female
Chick 4 - Opaline spangle cobalt female

Names:
Jupiter
Mars
Venus
Saturn

I think it's just because the nails are clogged with dirt
Thanks Laura / Nev ...for the names....

I guess I'll have to go with the earliest reply Nev!..(but I actually do like the "planet-names" too)...however Laura do hold a slight "unfair" advantage though..ha, ha!

SO it's
Velvet
Bossy
Henna
Whipple..then!

..."velvet" fits like a snug, especially if it's a girl!
..."Bossy" too.."he" may just have the attitude to go with his name...let's see...

Laura, where does "Henna" and "Whipple" come from...?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
your saying the dad is not a green series bird, but saying you have a "grey green" chick (or possibly) - if both parents are blue series you won't get Green babies - a budgie can not be split to green

The dad actually does look Green in the pic its not uncommon for Green budgies to have a blue tinge to them
Thx Atv,

I agree with the approach ito greens not able to be split...& the blue shade/shine to green birds....but these baby pics of dad I think will clarify...

Yes, I was just guessing at the "grey green" body colour for number 2...it's feathers just looks too "light" for blue?... almost a green bird baby will look...maybe it's a greywing too (nope, me probably wrong again, just saw Nev's view on 'mauve normal'..but it still has very light feathers)?

...let's wait & see after a few weeks growth..

C U & stay well

PS -got any new babies to show from Ur new breeding birds?...can't wait 2 C Ur's 2!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.