Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just a normal green **** who is split for albino since his mother was albino. I would like to breed him in a few months but I don't know if there are any of my females that will produce not all green babies. (i hope you understand). Here are my females.

Those are the only birds that aren't related.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

he will be split for blue if his mother was an albino, as albino is a blue ino. so any of your blue series (blues or greys) should give you some blue series as well as green series chicks. which means any of the hens you posted would produce what you want... lots of choice!

you could also get albino or lutino hens from him.... so potentially greens, blues, white or yellow - and if you put him to a grey you could also get greys and greygreens too!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I agree. Your male will be split for ino and blue. You should choose a blue based female. I would personally choose the first hen. If you pair her with your **** you will get blues and greens along with some ino hens and 100% dominant pied considering she is a double dominant pied. Good luck

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I agree. Your male will be split for ino and blue. You should choose a blue based female. I would personally choose the first hen. If you pair her with your **** you will get blues and greens along with some ino hens and 100% dominant pied considering she is a double dominant pied. Good luck
How can you tell she's a double dominant pied. just curious.

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are getting her double factor because of her iris, her other eye doesn't have one. She is one unique budgie. I was going to pair Firecracker with her so thats good.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
df dom pieds often have very few markings and look a bit like lightly marked recessive pieds. They normally have iris rings. if you breed her you will soon tell if she is df or not, she should have all sf dom pied chicks if she is.

has she bred before?

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
she was bred before. I do not have any of the babies. But here is a picture.

she was bred with a dominant pied

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just have to say that your third girl is a beauty :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
wow beautiful chicks. Double factor dominant pieds have none or very few wing markings. They also have iris rings and a large clear band on their belly. And from the chicks I would say they are all dominant pied as well.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

i see two chicks that do not look like df dom pied to me. the one on the left, with just a little white on its belly and wing, and the one in the middle that looks like a normal. do you remember if that one had any white on its head or wings?

so to me it looks like you had df dom pieds, and sf dom pieds which would fit with having a sf dom pied **** and a df dom pied hen as parents.

if that one chick had no pied markings then the hen must be a lightly marked sf dom pied...

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The all blue one in the middle did not have any white on him. He was a normal blue. Everyone else was all white with very very little markings besides the almost all blue with white on the belly and a patch on her head. She looks just like her dad but not a colbalt blue. The dad is the bluest budgie in my sig.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
the dad looks like a sf and the hen looks like a df, but you would not expect a normal from that pairing.... strange...

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
If the pair produced a normal neither of the parents can be a double factor dominant pied. The hen has a lot of clear areas so she is probably a combination of 2 pied types. As she has an iris ring the 2 pied types are probably dominant pied & clearflight pied. Some of the chicks could be double factor dominant pied

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wellllll I decided to set up 2 pairs. Firecracker and Faith (so another clutch will help see what she is) and my spangled and cinnamon pied. Its crazy they are like already trying to go in the box

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.