Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy, could you tell me that mutations will have the offsprings for my pair ?

hen: yellowface type 1 spangle skyblue
male: yellowface type 2 greywings cobalt

I don't know the parents for either of them . Thank you!

PS. The pink colour on the head in one picture is from the mineral stone :D
Both are over 1 year now.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
If these are current photos the hen has a stain above her cere which can indicate a vitamin a deficiency. Feed veggies like carrots that are filled with vit a. Both birds should be in top health before considering breeding.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If these are current photos the hen has a stain above her cere which can indicate a vitamin a deficiency. Feed veggies like carrots that are filled with vit a. Both birds should be in top health before considering breeding.
The pics are from may. I don't have recent pics. I gave them vit A then i bought them.
Now they don't have any problem ( as i know and notice)
However until spring i don't want to breed them.

What about the mutations?
Am i right with the classification?
What color and mutation should i expect?
Thank you!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they might be both female :S But I am not sure :p
I was unsure too for long time if i have oe not a pair. The cere of the " male" ( who was 8 month in these photos) is more blue now, but still not as blue as other males i saw.
The female has now browm cere and now they behave like a pair.

I still don't know that to think...

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Your not the only one. That last picture in particular looks like 2 hens to me. Do you have a current picture?
I didn't look at all the photos, but now I wonder as well.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
I was unsure too for long time if i have oe not a pair. The cere of the " male" ( who was 8 month in these photos) is more blue now, but still not as blue as other males i saw.
The female has now browm cere and now they behave like a pair.

I still don't know that to think...
Hens can have a blue cere with white around the nares like in your pictures. Also one hen may be coming into condition but another may not, they mature depending on the bird.

If you post a current picture we can sex them for you :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hens can have a blue cere with white around the nares like in your pictures. Also one hen may be coming into condition but another may not, they mature depending on the bird.

If you post a current picture we can sex them for you :)
These are photos from last month:

Ps. Sorry for the quality

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks male and female to me. But the female still has a stain. They will need more than one month of conditioning. :)
Yes, i know. They have just stopped from shedding. I intended to put them a nest in april-may.

I resume the question: are the mutation that i wrote correct ?
What could be the mutations of their future offspring ?

Ps. Sorry for my bad english. I hope you will understand. :embarrassed:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm no expert but think that your **** may be a YF2 full body colour greywing split for recessive pied?? and your hen a YF1 spangle sky blue.
If I'm right you'd get
50% sky blues and 50% cobalt
25% yf2,25%yf2 masking yf1,25%yf1 and 25% normal(if yf2 is single factor)
50% spangle and 50% normal
50% split for greywing and 50% split for clearwing
50% split for recessive pied and 50% not split

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The blue on the greywings cere is not the right shade for a male. It still looks like it could be a female out of condition.

Usually the yellow spreads a lot more on a type 2 yellow face than it has on your bird. They could be both type 1 yellow face, sometimes a small amount of yellow spreads on a type 1 yellow face. The other possibility is that one is a double factor type 2 because the yellow spreads less on a double factor than it does on a single factor

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm no expert but think that your **** may be a YF2 full body colour greywing split for recessive pied?? and your hen a YF1 spangle sky blue.
If I'm right you'd get
50% sky blues and 50% cobalt
25% yf2,25%yf2 masking yf1,25%yf1 and 25% normal(if yf2 is single factor)
50% spangle and 50% normal
50% split for greywing and 50% split for clearwing
50% split for recessive pied and 50% not split
How did you figure that he is split for recessive pied? Is it from that yellow feather from the head?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The blue on the greywings cere is not the right shade for a male. It still looks like it could be a female out of condition.

Usually the yellow spreads a lot more on a type 2 yellow face than it has on your bird. They could be both type 1 yellow face, sometimes a small amount of yellow spreads on a type 1 yellow face. The other possibility is that one is a double factor type 2 because the yellow spreads less on a double factor than it does on a single factor
Suppose he is a female, he never had brown ceres ( he is 14 months now).. as any other female i have/know.. His female pair is 6 months younger than him and he came into heat last month.

On the other hand, he has very little white on cere to be female( in my oppinion) .. but i know the blue must be brighter..

Maybe you're right about the yellowface.. i never had any YF budgie until now :)

In this case.. what would come from their pairing?
Thank you !

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Suppose he is a female, he never had brown ceres ( he is 14 months now).. as any other female i have/know.. His female pair is 6 months younger than him and he came into heat last month.

On the other hand, he has very little white on cere to be female( in my oppinion) .. but i know the blue must be brighter..

Maybe you're right about the yellowface.. i never had any YF budgie until now :)

In this case.. what would come from their pairing?
Thank you !
So your saying he is fourteen months, and his hen is 6 months younger? Which would make her 10 months old. Which is to young to breed from.

Also, male budgies don't come into "heat"....or females even. It is commonly reffered to as "she is in condition"

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So your saying he is fourteen months, and his hen is 6 months younger? Which would make her 10 months old. Which is to young to breed from.

Also, male budgies don't come into "heat"....or females even. It is commonly reffered to as "she is in condition"
Yes, she is about 6 months younger.
As i previously said, i intended to put them a nest in april-may. So, will she be too young in april-may ? ( at 14-15 months)
Anyway.. i wanted to know what mutations will probably have their youngsters in the future... not now ( i know they are too young)

About the second part, you are right.. i wanted to say " in condition" ( i'm not a current english speaker - sorry for my bad english)
So, i wanted to say if he's a she... until now, shouldn't he be in condition at least one time?

I hope you understand what i was saying :)

Anyway, they now behave like a pair.. kissing and stuff... and i know that females don't behave very well together...
And if they are both females, i'm glad they are understanding ok..

Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
What do you want in your babies? None of the babies from the pairing blue rec pied X YF1 spangle blue will show the rec pied. It will be carried over in split form. But let me tell you that this is most certainly the "best" rec pied I have ever seen. (IF it is a rec pied?)
Susan said that the bald spot in the other **** is an indication that he is split for rec. pied. Can't the spot indicate a dom. pied? If I'm not seeing things, (that is possible, because I can't even see the greywing; it looks normal black to me) the tip of one toe nail on the left foot is darker than the rest of the nail. (Can you see it?) Is that also an indication of a pied?
Sorry if this is all wrong; I'm a beginner, but I'm trying to apply what I've read on talkbudgie. What a fantastic source of information.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.