Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if there could be ino babies from this pair of budgies.

The female is YF spangle skyblue and the male is YF ( or goldenface?!? I or II ? ) albino a.k.a creamino

I know that almost all babies will have YF, but is any chance i can get ino babies?

The male is YF or GF ? which type?

Thank you

* i put pics with both when they were babies and now

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Wow! I have exactly the opposite. My sky blue spangle is male and my crimino is female. I dont know what you or I will get but I cant wait to see. I would like to pair our spangles together though.
Rick

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
All of the female chicks will be inos (masking normal or spangle) and all of the males will be normals and spangles :)

It looks like your female is a yellowface type 1, and your male looks like a golden face in that pic to me but I would wait for Nev to say for sure. You will get yellowfaces in both sexes, some will be one or the other and some combinations of both types of yellowface.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
As Lindsey said the female chicks will all be inos.

When two different types of single factor yellow face are paired together you can expect about 25% of each type of yellow face, 25% white face & 25% with both types of yellow face. You probably won't be able to tell which chicks have both yellow face types because they will look the same as the other golden face chicks

Wow! I have exactly the opposite. My sky blue spangle is male and my crimino is female. I dont know what you or I will get but I cant wait to see.
Rick
When the female is ino and the male is not none of the chicks will be ino unless the male is split for ino. If the male is split you would get about 50% inos of both sexes. In either case all the non-ino male chicks will be split for ino

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Lindsay and nev !

I was hoping for a ino male, but i understand that the female must be ino too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one last question: Will the male babies ( or at least some of them) be split for ino? I understand that all the girls will be visually ino , but what about the males? They will be only normals and spangles, or will they carry the gene in split form?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have one last question: Will the male babies ( or at least some of them) be split for ino? I understand that all the girls will be visually ino , but what about the males? They will be only normals and spangles, or will they carry the gene in split form?
Yes they all would be carriers for ino.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does creamino babies show yellow on their body from the first time they feather up? Or just the mask?

My pair have both yellow faces , so i wonder if it's too soon to tell if their 12 days old female is a creamino too?

She doesn't have feathers on the head yet, but on the wings is just white.
So, is she just an albino, or may be a creamino?

here are pics:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.