Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just looking ahead to the next breeding season for my birds. I wasn't sure who I would pair up with who. I would only like to breed 2 or 3 pairs. I'm looking for the most unique outcomes for 2/3 of mine last year turned out normal greens and one clutch was blue/white.

These are my ones that will be ready for sometime this year.

Males

Dewey

Bebe

Mango

Hope

Firecracker

Females

Kiwi

Butter

Princess

Faith

Flash

I was just thinking about breeding Mango and Kiwi, Butter and Dewey. Not sure. I would like to breed firecracker. His mother is princess his father passed away last year before Christmas. His mother was albino if that means anything to his offspring. Flash is his sister. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
what particular unique outcomes do you want?

you can breed more recessive pieds, by putting butter or faith with hope.

can you tell us which is your favourite colour and we may be able to suggest pairing for that...

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the colors of Mango, Kiwi, Dewey (the grey) and Butter (cream color) . If there is any way to get albinos from a female? I love Bebe's bright blues. Is there a chance that Dewey is part English? He is much bigger than my other normal ones. I've always wondered about that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Female inos would have to be paired to a male ino( or split for ino )to produce any inos.

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. well now i know. But Firecracker is a son of her is he split for ino? or can it only come from the male?

·
Registered
178 Posts
there is a 50% chance he is split for ino(if his father was split ino he'd be 100% split ino) .if so the offspring would be 50% males ino,50 males split for ino,50% females ino and 50% normal females but all experts would tell you that inbreeding must be avoided.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Butter and Hope is a must!
Flash with either BeBe or Mango will also make beautiful chicks
And Dewey and Kiwi

Thats what i think but deffinatly Butter and Hope :D

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will NOT inbreed my birds. That is so horrible to do to the birds. So you think Butter and Hope? I was thinking Butter and Dewey. I'll just have to experiment :p

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If i were to breed Mango and Flash or Bebe and Flash what would the reasoning be? Isn't like if you breed a dark colored one (dewey) with a blue doesnt the color get darker if I'm right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.