Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I finnally (It took forever to get a camera) got some pics of my birdies! I would really appreciate it if someone could possibly tell me what mutations they are. The ones of charlie are not recent. I dont want anyone to think i am breeding a baby budgie Lol. :D I just really want to know thier mutations and what thier babies could possibly be. THANKS!:D (that one pic with me in it i look REALLY weird! Lol!:p)

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry about that something happened and apparently i am missing a security token so i cant post pics!:eek: It says to inform an admin so any help if you are one?:S The parent pics are on my breeding journal called sonny and charlies first clutch so if you would like to answer my question please look there. Thanks!:eek:

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
sorry about that something happened and apparently i am missing a security token so i cant post pics!:eek: It says to inform an admin so any help if you are one?:S The parent pics are on my breeding journal called sonny and charlies first clutch so if you would like to answer my question please look there. Thanks!:eek:
Okey dokey :)

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone who can answer my question please answer by looking at the pics on my breeding journal. Thanks!:D

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. CuteLilBirdies gave me thier mutations. (thanks!:D) Charlie is a mauve clearflight pied and sonny is a light green dominant pied. Does anyone know any possible chick outcomes? Thanks to everyone!:D

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
you could get dom pieds, clearflights, normals and some with dom pied and clearflight.

all the chicks will be mid-shade body colour, dark green and possibly cobalts.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
you've got to be fast around here nev!

however, have you bred any dom and clearflight pied combinations before? what do they turn out like? i am guessing they would have very few markings... like a df dom pied?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
however, have you bred any dom and clearflight pied combinations before? what do they turn out like? i am guessing they would have very few markings... like a df dom pied?
I haven't bred any but I've seen a few and they are usually patchy with more clear areas than either dominants or clearflight pieds but not quite like a double factor dominant

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have never bred at all before.:) Thanks for answering my question! Im hoping for a violet cobalt! The two oldest seem mostly yellow so far and the youngest has only white so far but is not albino. I am most excited to see how the youngest turns out!:D

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
I have never bred at all before.:) Thanks for answering my question! Im hoping for a violet cobalt! The two oldest seem mostly yellow so far and the youngest has only white so far but is not albino. I am most excited to see how the youngest turns out!:D
You cannot get any chicks with a violet factor unless one of the parents has a violet factor. In addition, you would be able to tell albinos apart at a young age because they would have red eyes rather than black or plum.
Regardless they will look stunning :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.