Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys! Now that is almost Christmas time, we all want to have a piece of a nice dessert along with a cup of coffee for a good start of a day! :) I personally make this when I have to go on a visit to my relatives and friends. It's very easy and delicious!

We'll need:
2+ cups of flour (or less)
1 egg
some vanilla extract
orange zest
half a cup of sugar
250 gr butter in small cubes
2 tsp baking powder
1 and a half cups jam of your choice ( I like apricot and strawberry)

Mix the butter and sugar together and work it for a little while (I knead them with my hand). Add the egg, mix it and then add some of the flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and orange zest. Work the dough with your hands and continue to add flour until the dough is a little thick. All this procedure can also be done with the help of a baking machine.When the dough is ready, leave it for 1 hour in the freezer to rest.
Press half of the pastry into the bottom of a 28cm square baking pan. Spread the jam over the top of the pastry. Take the remaining pastry and roll pieces into ropes- or stripes. Take the ropes to make a lattice pattern on top of the jam. You can add some almond slivers on top. (optional)
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until pastry is golden. Serve it when it cools down. Enjoy!
It looks like this:

The picture is taken from this site ??????? ????? ????? ?? ????????? ??????- ???????????

·
Super Moderator
18,431 Posts
Mmm, it looks delicious and very easy!

Also, it looks like it takes so much time and effort, but it really doesn't--so it's good to impress people :laugh:

Thanks for the recipe, Despina!

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmm, it looks delicious and very easy!

Also, it looks like it takes so much time and effort, but it really doesn't--so it's good to impress people :laugh:

Thanks for the recipe, Despina!
Thank you Geneva! :) No, it really doesn't take much time.. it's one of the quickest desserts- and I personally don't like to spend so much time in the kitchen!
I know it's better to eat it when it's cooled down but I always cut a piece when it's warm, the jam is hot and melting :p :)
Now I have to make one myself!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.