Talk Budgies Forums banner
161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
So cute! :loveeyes:

I want to hear more about the antics of Peanut, JoJo and Akira, too. I am sure they are still getting up to mischief.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
As requested by the lovely Goldenwing, here are some pics of my crazy flock.

We start with Ms JoJo, showing her very best 'I'm sweet and innocent' face. (Don't fall for it)! Even Alkira is shaking his head in disbelief that she'd even try to convince anyone that she's little miss sweet.

Incomingggggg

Handsome Peanut (PeePee). He has an owie on his beak but it's all better now.

Alkira the sticky beak. Always has to be right up in your business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Today was the big day- Baby Cliffy is home! He's been hime for a few hours and seems to be doing well. He hadn't had anything to eat or drink yet, but I know this is common so I'll try not to worry. When I got Peanut and JoJo, and then Alkira, they all ate and drank straight away so I've never had the worry of waiting for a new bird to eat or drink something. Cliffy seems pretty content. He's been chirping away and I've even heard him grind his beak a few times. On the flip side though, he was frantically throwing himself at the clear plastic part of the Vision cage, trying to get out. That was upsetting for me to see. It's almost bedtime for the little guy, so he's currently sitting on a high perch, dozing off (but fighting as hard as he can to stay awake).

·
Registered
609 Posts
Cliffy is gorgeous and adorable! :loveeyes: I know how easy it is to worry, but I think Cliffy is going to be just fine. He is a very lucky little bird to come to such a loving home. :yes:

·
Super Moderator
3,850 Posts
Cliffy is so cute, I am sure after a couple of days or sooner he will feel more comfortable. In the pictures he does not have the statue look of a scared bird, he probably hears the others and wants to get out and be with them.:jumping:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Today is Cliffys second full day with us. He's been great at night, sleeping right through without a peep. He started eating seed yesterday afternoon, but hasn't eaten anything different. Apparently, he had never been tried on veggies or sprouted seeds etc. so everything is totally new to him. I'm not too concerned at this stage because I'm hoping that after quarantine he'll follow the lead of the other 3 and eat what they eat. Last night he finally had some water to drink, so I'm relieved that he's eating and drinking. Yesterday he spent the day in his cage, getting used to things, but today he's out having a fly and a play (actually, he's been out for over 3 hours now and I can't get him back in. I'd really rather not have to catch him if it can be helped). Here are some pics of the little guy.

"Knock, knock....anybody there?? Let me out!"

"Ooh, I can see the whole world from up here".

"Come on.....I need someone to sit on the other end"

Karate black belt. Check out my moves. Aaaand KICK!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Sorry it's been so long, I don't know where the time has gone. Baby Cliffy is now in with Alkira (& so much happier), and mixing with Peanut and JoJo too. Taming is extremely slow, but now he'll happily sit on my arm when I put it in the cage. He still cannot find his way into the door of the cage to get back after out of cage time, so I've been needing to catch him, which of course does not help the bonding and taming process. Here are some new pics.

"What is this?? Who dares use my name?"

"This is MY ball. Step away now!"

"Ooh, jackpot!"

"Make sure you get my good side Mum!"

Bath time.

3...2...1.... take off....

Showing off his gorgeous feathers in the sun.

Staying away from this immature boys!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Peanut, JoJo, Alkira and Cliffy, would like to wish you all a happy and safe Christmas and holiday season.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Today is Peanut and JoJos 2nd Hatchday! Where has that time gone?! I can't find my other thread, so I hope it's ok to post updates as well as pics here.

Well, Alkira and Cliffy aren't getting along the way I'd hoped so I have a double flight cage coming and they'll be separated again. There's a removable divider in the middle so hopefully down the track, when Cliffy is more mature, they'll get along and can go back in together. It turns out Cliffy is a bully and poor Alkira is miserable. My darling boy, who always loved to play, now just sits quietly on his own, so action needs to be taken. They will all continue to have out of cage time together.

Now for some photos.....

"What are you looking at Mum?"

How to clean your feet~ Brought to you by Cliffy.

"I can see the whole world from up here! Hi Mum!"

I may be a bully, but I'm still cute!

Aaw, kisses.

You can't see me!

"Come back ball!" *run, run, run*

"Hurry up Mum, pick up my ball. I don't have all day!"

"My feet aren't big. They're perfect!"

·
Super Moderator
3,850 Posts
Really cute pictures, hopefully Cliffy will grow out of his bully attitude, is he just that way with Alkira or with everyone?

161 - 180 of 199 Posts