Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a cage for Pedro and Poppy, only to decide it is too heavy to sit on top of Sunny and Shelby's cage and not as big as I'd prefer.:rolleyes:

Naturally, I bought it in order to save $$ but now I've ordered a new one for them (like Sunny and Shelby's cage) and will be attempting to sell this one on Craigslist. :eek:

Pedro and Poppy's "Interim" Cage

Pedro and Poppy's "Interim" Cage 2nd View

This is Sunny and Shelby's cage -- soon, Pedro and Poppy will be enjoying one just like it since I ordered it this morning! :)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Sunny and Shelby's cage is very good and big. I am glad that you ordered a similar one for Pedro and Poppy. I am sure they will like it. Great work! :)

You have some very lovely toys. :)

BTW, will baby budgie boy share the cage with Sunny and Shelby?

·
MOTM December 2011
3,090 Posts
Hey Deb! Where'd you disappear too :giggle:? I haven't seen you on for a long time :p Pedro and Polly are going to be so happy when they get their palace :giggle: You have soooo many toys in there already :DDo Sunny & Shelby use the bottom half of their cage? How are they adjusting to the lovies? Does you flock play together? You sure are going out of your way to make the lovies happy! Karma :2thumbs:

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, will baby budgie boy share the cage with Sunny and Shelby?

When Baby Boy Budgie finally weans and I can make the long :driving: road trip to Ohio to pick him up :rolleyes: he will be in the first cage I had for Sunny and Shelby until he comes out of quarantine.

Hopefully, when quarantine has ended, Sunny and Shelby will be accepting of a third budgie so they can all three live in the castle together. :)

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Deb! Where'd you disappear too :giggle:? I haven't seen you on for a long time :p Pedro and Polly are going to be so happy when they get their palace :giggle: You have soooo many toys in there already :DDo Sunny & Shelby use the bottom half of their cage? How are they adjusting to the lovies? Does you flock play together? You sure are going out of your way to make the lovies happy! Karma :2thumbs:
Hi! I was in Myrtle Beach for a week which is why I was MIA. :laughing2: I'm back now.

Sunny and Shelby use all of their cage. They play in both the top and bottom portions. Pedro and Poppy are not allowed to be with Sunny and Shelby yet... we'll see how things go after quarantine. ;)

I think Pedro and Poppy will be happy with their new cage when it arrives. They love the one they are in right now so they'll have lots MORE room to play when the new one gets here. :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

Hi! I was in Myrtle Beach for a week which is why I was MIA. :laughing2: I'm back now.

Sunny and Shelby use all of their cage. They play in both the top and bottom portions. Pedro and Poppy are not allowed to be with Sunny and Shelby yet... we'll see how things go after quarantine. ;)

I think Pedro and Poppy will be happy with their new cage when it arrives. They love the one they are in right now so they'll have lots MORE room to play when the new one gets here. :)
Hello there Deborah! Nice cage, shame that it's not the right size for you. Not sure if you're going to let Pedro and Poppy have out of cage time together with Sunny and Shelby after the quarantine, but I just want to say be careful if you do since Sunny and Shelby's wings are clipped. If the Lovies does attack Sunny and Shelby there is no way will budgies be able to get away (fly off), this could possible results in a loss toes for the budgies. Just thought I let you know but sinse you've done all the research already I'd think you already know. Anyways glad to see you're back:D

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hello there Deborah! Nice cage, shame that it's not the right size for you. Not sure if you're going to let Pedro and Poppy have out of cage time together with Sunny and Shelby after the quarantine, but I just want to say be careful if you do since Sunny and Shelby's wings are clipped. If the Lovies does attack Sunny and Shelby there is no way will budgies be able to get away (fly off), this could possible results in a loss toes for the budgies. Just thought I let you know but sinse you've done all the research already I'd think you already know. Anyways glad to see you're back:D
Hi, Si! I probably won't be letting the lovies and the budgies out at the same time even after Sunny and Shelby's flight feathers come in. I'm too worried about any mishaps. ;)

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
It looks great, they will be even more happy when they get the new cage! :D

But be warned, often one of the 3 gets left out...which is why I ended up with 4 budgies...:XD: lol

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I know...:eek:
Maybe I'll just keep him all to myself :laughing2:

No, actually if Sunny and Shelby don't warm up to him I'll probably be making yet another trip out to Ohio to see Lindsey when there is another clutch. :eek:

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts

No, actually if Sunny and Shelby don't warm up to him I'll probably be making yet another trip out to Ohio to see Lindsey when there is another clutch. :eek:
Really?! :eek:

That cage is great, too bad it's not big enough! The lovies will love the new cage when they get it! ;)
Sunny and Shelby's setup is excellent! :XD:

·
Registered
9,521 Posts

lol :giggle: Your poor husband, my *future* husband will have to deal with a lot too. :XD:

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah...it all started with one little budgie :budgie: that I said wouldn't make much noise. :eek:

Now we have Pedro and Poppy screaming their heads off all day long and me constantly buying more cages, toys, and stuff!!

I can't believe he :wow: actually took care of Sunny, Shelby, Pedro and Poppy while I was off on vacation.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Yeah...it all started with one little budgie :budgie: that I said wouldn't make much noise. :eek:

Now we have Pedro and Poppy screaming their heads off all day long and me constantly buying more cages, toys, and stuff!!

I can't believe he :wow: actually took care of Sunny, Shelby, Pedro and Poppy while I was off on vacation.
:giggle: aww that is so nice of him.

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was nice of him. ;)
Now he's asking when I'm going to go get the Baby Budgie Boy and where he is going to live until quarantine is over! :laughing:

·
Loyalty Award Recipient January 2015//Deactivated
3,928 Posts
Welcome back, Deb. Hope you had good weather and lots of fun. The birds look great! Karma to you (and Ted) for taking such good care of them. Can't wait till the baby boy arrives!

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, Susan!
We had nice weather all week until Friday and my sister and I had a great time.
Still--I'm always happy to get back to my own house. :eek:

Today, Pedro and Poppy got their first out-of-cage time since being here!
It was very interesting trying to entice them back into the cage! :laughing:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.