Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Wow, so many toys, so much fun! I'm sure they'll enjoy their new cage when it arrives. Remember to.........post some pictures! :D

·
Administrator
56,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wow, so many toys, so much fun! I'm sure they'll enjoy their new cage when it arrives. Remember to.........post some pictures! :D
Absolutely!! More new toys and a cage cover were ordered today and will actually arrive before the new cage! :laughing:

I'll take pictures of the new setup when it's complete. I expect the new cage in about 2 weeks. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm so glad that they're having so much fun! You should record a video! My baby brother misses the birds.

Have you tried training them, by any chance? I never got them to step up on my finger; just a lot of bite marks.

·
Administrator
56,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm so glad that they're having so much fun! You should record a video! My baby brother misses the birds.

Have you tried training them, by any chance? I never got them to step up on my finger; just a lot of bite marks.
Isn't your baby brother the one that was afraid of them and hid in the bathroom whenever they were out? :S

I haven't done any training yet. However, I did feed each of them millet from my hand yesterday as I was trying to entice them back into their cage. So, that's something. :eek:

I've been on vacation and just returned home. With two dogs, two budgies and two lovebirds and a new baby budgie coming soon, my days are quite full! :laughing2:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

Isn't your baby brother the one that was afraid of them and hid in the bathroom whenever they were out? :S

I haven't done any training yet. However, I did feed each of them millet from my hand yesterday as I was trying to entice them back into their cage. So, that's something. :eek:

I've been on vacation and just returned home. With two dogs, two budgies and two lovebirds and a new baby budgie coming soon, my days are quite full! :laughing2:
You could just stick train them. Get them to step-up on a hand-held perch. As long as you can take them from A to B in an emergency, who cares about finger training. You did it with the budgies by getting them to step-up on their ladder to take them to their destination so do the same but with a hand-perch instead, you'll be fine:2thumbs:

·
Administrator
56,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It's interesting that you said that, Si!

I was actually trying to get them onto a perch yesterday when I wanted them back in the cage. :giggle:

I'll start working on that method regularly. ;)

·
Administrator
56,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
New Thread regarding Pedro and Poppy's Palace Posted

Hi!
Just wanted to say that a new thread has been posted regarding Pedro and Poppy's new Palace. :laughing2:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.