Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much. I love all of my birds very much. So much company since the passing of the last of my 4 wiener dogs. They are such little clowns. They are very spoiled. I, too, thought her feathers would darken as she grew. I just was not sure. She was a freebie when I purchased Sky as PeeWee was being picked on due to her size. Always kicked out of the feed bowl.She had a stump tail. I am thankful she is healthy and thriving along with the rest of the flock.

Thank you again for your help.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NO, they like to chew on them. They are Balsa. I am a retired Vet Tech of large and small animals for over 30+ years. I raised enough chickens and operated on bumblefoot myself, fix splayed legs. Processed my own chickens, cattle and pigs and lambs, even goats. My lil birds are fine
I trim their nails myself. PeeWee can't fly she uses those to jump hop I have them on the outside of my cages as well so she can hop up to the top of the cage for her observation curiosity. Sky is the same, when they are older I will remove them. Thank you for your input.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NO, they like to chew on them. They are Balsa. I am a retired Vet Tech of large and small animals for over 30+ years. I raised enough chickens and operated on bumblefoot myself, fix splayed legs. Processed my own chickens, cattle and pigs and lambs, even goats. My lil birds are fine
I trim their nails myself. PeeWee can't fly she uses those to jump hop I have them on the outside of my cages as well so she can hop up to the top of the cage for her observation curiosity. Sky is the same, when they are older I will remove them. Thank you for your input.
It was not my intention to spout off. I just rarely see a cage post without some "expert" spouting off about things. I was told (on another site) my half moon water bowls would trap and kill my birds. I was told my UV lights should be 10" above the cage because that is what some guys Vet recommended. THEY ARE NOT UV LIGHTS. sO i SINCERELY APOLOGIZE to anyone I ticked off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.