Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love this petstore :)
they breed their own budgies and the babies they house in the flight to be sold.

but i got some mutation questions

what is this one

and this one (not a creamino. eyes dark and theres a bit of colour)

and other random ones

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Same here. I don't know mutations but I do know gorgeous. :D And they certainly. They all look healthy and active too.

I moved your thread to the Budgie Mutations/Genetics forum where the experts are sure to help you out. :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
:eek: BUDGIE OVERLOAD :eek:

I'm no help with the mutations either, they are simply gorgeous tho!

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Our mutations experts should be here shortly. They certainly have a gorgeous variety. :)

p.s. you took really great photos too.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i love this petstore :)
they breed their own budgies and the babies they house in the flight to be sold.

but i got some mutation questions

what is this one

and this one (not a creamino. eyes dark and theres a bit of colour)

and other random ones

Dally, I see you're from Ontario. Can you tell me what city this pet store is in? If it's anywhere near me, I'd LOOVE to go see these guys.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i am in ontario but im from windsor lol only good pet store we have that has pets
one is only a supply store and theyre good

then we have the ones that sell pets.

petsmart is disgusting i wont shop there
and corbrets which is the most disgusting place in the world its worse than petsmart and our petsmart let a sun conure die after i told them it was ill. they didnt care. so corbrets being worse is sad. 30+ tiels and budgies in 18"x18" cages and all sick. no exaggeration there either :(

this store takes the best care of their pets than any petstore ive ever seen. they even refuse to sell pets to people if they think theyre not a good home

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
they even refuse to sell pets to people if they think theyre not a good home
Oh my gosh, what a fantastic store!!!
Beautiful babies too, i wouldnt be able to resist the little white-golden-blue one :loveeyes: or the 4th from the bottom pic, the greeny/blue one in the foreground... :D such cuties!!! I would have to walk away with the whole lot i think :p
Sorry i am no good with sexing. But i just wanted to say, what a fantastic shop, i wish they were all like that... :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I know I saw I THINK a sky blue opaline there, 7th from the top. I'm not a whiz with mutations, though. That store looks fantastic! It reminds me of the breedery/store near where I live. Their current budgie breeding pair doesn't seem interested this season, though, so they only have a few budgies at the moment, my little Zeke's sisters. Those are all such gorgeous budgies! I wish I lived close enough to visit! I always feel bad for Petsmart's birds. You know there's a problem when they have a tag that states a budgie's life span is only 5-8 years. Doing something wrong if your birds consistently die that young. I did get August from there, though. He surprisingly had no health problems and tamed up quickly. That place looks soooo cool, though! :loveeyes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i love this little store. they actually care.

its so hard not to walk out with a budgie lol but we have enough pets right now. more is way too much for us. but if i ever were to bring one home it would be the turquoise one with the white head in the 7th photo. she was really cute

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
i love this little store. they actually care.

its so hard not to walk out with a budgie lol but we have enough pets right now. more is way too much for us. but if i ever were to bring one home it would be the turquoise one with the white head in the 7th photo. she was really cute
Hahaha, I know the feeling. Every time I walk into Petsmart to buy toys, this one particular hen always stares at me the whole time, really intensely. I feel bad for her, and wish I could take her. She looks at me so strangely. I know she wants something...I cannot have another bird, though, and I don't want to get a hen. :/

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got 4 birds myself
1 male cockatiel, 1 female cockatiel, 1 male peach faced lovebird and 1 female peach faced lovebird. toby (budgie) passed away months ago... i love budgies but we cannot take anymore right now. 4 birds is enough for me lol

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Glad to see a pet store that is appreciated. Most pet stores are owned by pet lovers so they should be well looked after but we only seem to hear about the ones that people want to complain about

The bird in the first picture is a very beautiful mutant type 1 yellow face spangle cobalt male

The third picture is probably a young double factor spangle. He is showing a lot of suffusion which I think is very attractive but is frowned upon in show circles

The sixth picture is a dominant pied sky blue

The seventh picture is a young opaline sky blue hen

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad to see a pet store that is appreciated. Most pet stores are owned by pet lovers so they should be well looked after but we only seem to hear about the ones that people want to complain about

The bird in the first picture is a very beautiful mutant type 1 yellow face spangle cobalt male

The third picture is probably a young double factor spangle. He is showing a lot of suffusion which I think is very attractive but is frowned upon in show circles

The sixth picture is a dominant pied sky blue

The seventh picture is a young opaline sky blue hen
thank you :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.