Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this guy is entirely yellow, not a stitch of green on him(?). Also he is kind of a mustard yellow. I think he may also be cinnamon? I feel like he is really rare and should go to someone who will appreciate his specialness!! I don't want another bird but I can't stand the idea of him going to someone who will treat him like most people treat budgies in this part of the world! I would love to snap him up and get him to someone that could use this mutation in their breeding flock or something like that.

Or maybe he isn't as rare as I think he is? My guess is that he is a dark green greywing cinnamon texas clearbody? These pics are without flash through glass. He has grey central tail feathers and throat spots but his super pale wing markings are not spangle and are more brown than grey.

Petco clearbody-4.jpg

Petco clearbody-6.jpg

Petco clearbody-7.jpg

Petco clearbody-12.jpg

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Wow, he is stunning and I would get him in a heartbeat! :D

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am really hoping to hear he is something not rare at all so I don't feel the extreme temptation to not pass up such a rare opportunity!! Although I don't know why I feel like I would be missing out. I have no plan to breed anytime soon! I just like special things to be appreciated as special!

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Well, I would have wanted him for future breeding. My Dinda would be perfect for him. Then again, I do have 6 budgies already so I'm holding my horses for a while.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Lindsay,

Wow, this is really throwing me. So not dilute cinnamon either? Her wing markings are so brown! She really has no hint of green on her at all, anywhere, entirely mustard yellow! I know pics don't always show color well and they can really change after their first molt. My greywings all got brighter after their first molt.

Also her tail feathers are darker grey than the rest of her markings, which was what kind of sold me on TCB vs dilute. What would you expect to see if she was a greywing TCB instead of dilute?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, no plum or red eyes Jill, I considered that too. I am so disappointed/confused!! This bird is mustard yellow from beak to rump with a medium grey tail and very very pale brown/grey wing markings and light grey throat spots.

I guess it really is good because if she were a TCB I would be packing up my travel cage going over there to get her because I couldn't pass up such a great find! I clearly do not need another bird!! So relief is starting to set in.

But seriously! How can you tell the difference Lindsay?

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Wow....that is a sweet looker, there....enough to give anyone with a pulse, budgie fever. I almost broke over a beautiful mauve with almost totally white wings....I don't know my mutations but the wing barring was really light...that was at a pet supplies plus....:)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought I was totally immune to budgie fever at this point but this girl really created a bad case! I actually didn't want to keep her but wanted to rescue her from a life of mediocrity!

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
I thought I was totally immune to budgie fever at this point but this girl really created a bad case! I actually didn't want to keep her but wanted to rescue her from a life of mediocrity!
No doubt she couldn't get a better home than with you...as a budgaholic, I can't be encouraging others....but I am totally sympathetic when it comes to being bit by the bug.....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aww thanks Jonah! I do think my budgies are pretty happy!

I would really be stepping into the bounds of addict/hoarder if I got another bird. I have to keep reminding myself that there is not end to the # of amazing budgies I will encounter in my life so I have to stop somewhere. Although I don think if she was a TCB I would probably have gotten her and just not told anybody. That is the true sign of an addict isn't it! She would blend in so well with all my other yellow darlings I doubt anyone would notice as long as they kept moving!

I am still interested in hearing how this girl diverges from the TCB mutation. I have never seen a dilute budgie that is entirely white, so why would a green dilute be entirely yellow? Because it is easier for a dilute green to hide under yellow than a dilute blue to hide under white?

Can't I just "rescue" her until her first molt so I can find out and then re-home her? Anybody interested?

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
She looks a lot like my DF spangle female, Delilah.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I considered DF spangle too but her tail is darkish grey and she definitely has greyish markings that are not spangle.

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
I considered DF spangle too but her tail is darkish grey and she definitely has greyish markings that are not spangle.
Good catch! I missed that. I did note that what flight feathers I could
see were also deeply colored, where as Delilah's are white.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah her body markings are all greywing/dilute it is the total lack of body color that throws me!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
So is she rare or not? Lol. Nuts4birds, I knkw your logic....whenever a rare bird comes up I always feel like I have to get it for some reason lol. That is how I ended up with a budgie in the first place, because she was so tame and friendly which I never see here...the albino part was a plus too.

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Well, I'd say she's unusual at the very least,
as she has the lot of us scratching our heads
trying to figure her out :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.