Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what color mutations I would be expecting from this pair. I'm hoping for female lacewings but other than that what should I expect? Also the percentages of each color mutations would be great. Thanks

Petty Normal green male split for cinnamon and ino maybe blue

Alba Albino female

This is Alba's parents Zeus and Violet
Zeus male sky blue spangle split for ino
Violet female dominant pied maybe recessive pied grey wing double factor violet

This is Petty's parents Horus and Ginger
Horus male lutino masking dominant pied split for blue
Ginger female cinnamon green split for blue

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
well, you should get ino hens and cinnamon hens, though we will all hope for lacewings instead!

with albas parents she could also produce spangles, maybe dom pieds, and she will have the violet gene so some chicks with violet added too...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok great thanks tonic. So if I get cinnamon and ino hens the lacewing gene didn't crossover in Petty's genes correct? I sure hope it crossed... Everyone cross thier fingers for me lol

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i believe the cross over will have to occur in the sex cells passed on to the chicks. petty will have the genes on opposite chromosomes, but crossover may occur when the sperm cell are being made....

so i think it is possible to get inos and cinnamons as well as lacewings from a pair.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I hope it happens for you!

I am in the same position! have 3 pairs that have males split ino and cinnamon, and females that are cinnamon or albino, and so far have got lots of cinnamons and albinos but eventually I know it will combine lol :D

What a trickey little gene lacewing is!! :D Once you have it combine though its all down hill from there :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.