Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a post before with some photo's but for some reason most didn't show up.
Months later, I finally get round to doing a few again.

I went photographing in town during the Steampunk event. I loved this lady who walked past me in her long black coat and umbrella. She looked like something from a by-gone era in this modern street.

During a visit to a horse and donkey sanctuary, I snapped this little beauty. It annoys me so much I cut off the end of his nose in the photo.

This was just taken when I was walking Holly in a field. Simple 'bird in field' photo.

While on holiday in Derby, there were so dandelions and I loved them and the background was amazing. This is probably a bad picture though. I have some better versions.

On the last family holiday we came friends with this pigeon. He would come for some food everyday and was even eating out of my hand. He eventually bought his female friend and baby over with him, when he knew we were friendly. He was lovely.

While at a Pier, we walked passed the merry-go-round before it was up and running for the day.

That's all for now. :)

·
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all. :)

Great photos, Therm!
Thanks for sharing them with us.
I particularly like the first one and the one of the pigeon.

I'm going to move your thread down to the "Camera Club" area of the forum. ;)
Do you know what, I was certian there was a camera section and I looked where I *thought* it was and couldn't find it and then looked through my old threads and couldn't find the old one I started! I thought I was just going crazy!!

Those are gorgeous, Emma!

You really are great at at capturing whimsical, artistic shots that are a joy to look at :D

Keep them coming, we'll never tire of them, I'm sure :clap:
I really do enjoy taking them, though I think I might look crazy sometimes getting the shots, lol!

Wow you're really great with the camera they are awesome pictures :)
I love the horse one even with the nose being nipped off - it honestly doesn't spoil it I think it's great the way it is.
Thank you for sharing they are wonderful :)
It's not too bad, I just notice every time with that horse!

Very talented! I like what you did in the first picture, looks like the lady has been painted into the picture, brilliant!
Thanks.

·
English Budgie
396 Posts
I particularly like the pigeon in the first batch. I have a regular wood pigeon who often brings a few of his friends now. No one else around here encourages them, but I think they are magnificent non assuming birds. My budgies look out for him as well - they love watching him arrive and tucking in to his pigeon food! :)

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
I don't know how I miss the new pics, they're great! I particularly like the last one of the Fuchsia, I have quite a few of different colours on my yard. :)

And how awesome that you got to travel to Derby!! :D And I apologise in advance for derailing, I just can't help it in this case. :eek:
One day I really have to travel to England and visit the many places I got to first meet through Jane Austen's novels. Mr. Darcy's Derbyshire (Pemberley), Hertfordshire, Hampshire, Kent, London and mostly Bath! I for sure want to take the Jane Austen's tour!!

·
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They are stunning! You captured the colours so nicely :love:
Thank you! :D

I particularly like the pigeon in the first batch. I have a regular wood pigeon who often brings a few of his friends now. No one else around here encourages them, but I think they are magnificent non assuming birds. My budgies look out for him as well - they love watching him arrive and tucking in to his pigeon food! :)
I loved that pigeon! It was also a dove in a pet store that made me want to get a bird again. But that was about 6 years ago and I made no actual progression to get one until this year. :D

I don't know how I miss the new pics, they're great! I particularly like the last one of the Fuchsia, I have quite a few of different colours on my yard. :)

And how awesome that you got to travel to Derby!! :D And I apologise in advance for derailing, I just can't help it in this case. :eek:
One day I really have to travel to England and visit the many places I got to first meet through Jane Austen's novels. Mr. Darcy's Derbyshire (Pemberley), Hertfordshire, Hampshire, Kent, London and mostly Bath! I for sure want to take the Jane Austen's tour!!
:D Derby is just beautiful. I would love to live there! Kent is beautiful in places. I grew up there and so I know it's also a busy not so pretty place, lol! When we visit my brothers we have to go across Dartford Bridge and there's a big sign that says 'Kent- England's Garden' and the sight you get is just craptacula!

But there are lots of beautiful places in Kent. The sign is just kinda misplaced here. lol!

Really stunning photos, Therm!! You know how much I love natural photos! :D Please post some more when you can! :)
Thank you. I shall post some more soon. :)

·
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think this is at Whitby. It's a seagull so really, it's a seagull at a place. :p

And another seagull somewhere else. Or maybe the same place, who knows.

The place we were staying at had really large grounds and I loved wandering around taking photos. Such as this cool bench they had.

We went to Bolton Castle on out last day of the holiday. Here's the castle.

And this is the view from the top, looking out. Amazing! And it was sooo windy I was a little freaked out, to be honest!

The view looking down!

There's my Dad looking all thoughtful and artistic. ;)

The sun setting.

Bird in a tree

Busy town scene through some trees.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Wow, this latest set of pics is fantastic!
I love the photos of the castle and the one of the very odd bench and your father's photo is a true work of art! :2thumbs:

Thanks for the extra pic of Dartford Bridge! ;)

·
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, this latest set of pics is fantastic!
I love the photos of the castle and the one of the very odd bench and your father's photo is a true work of art! :2thumbs:

Thanks for the extra pic of Dartford Bridge! ;)
LOL! I thought you'd like that one. I also meant to say I have a friend in America who is coming to visit me again this year and she wanted to go to Bath. I put it off as I'm not much of a traveller and she's only here with me a few days but maybe one day I can share pictures from there. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.