Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Everyone!!! I have taken a few different photo's of some of the things that are in our back yard like banana's flowers and my mothers African violets.. Bargara beach as well.. We have three bunches of banana's on our plants.. We will have so many that we won't be able to eat them all so we will give some to our friends.

Anyway please enjoy these photo's.

Cattleya Orchids

African Violets all colours

Oranges on our Tree

Banana's on our Plants.

This Orchid grows in North QLD

Bargara Beach Bundaberg

·
10,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I bet they are delicious!! I am so jealous! Here we can't grow bananas!
Ill give you some of our Banana's if you like we will have to many to eat as there is only me and mum now.. Dad use to like the banana's to but he is not here anymore to eat them. I miss him so much.. I don't no if Indi can eat banana's or not... Ill have to check that out with the vet.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Wow, those pictures are awesome, you have some very beautiful flowers! It's also great that you won't ever need to buy oranges nor bananas as you grow your own. ;) Do you also have lemon trees?

·
10,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, those pictures are awesome, you have some very beautiful flowers! It's also great that you won't ever need to buy oranges nor bananas as you grow your own. ;) Do you also have lemon trees?
Aluz We don't have a lemon tree but we have a grape vine and a Mulberry Tree Glad you liked the photo's.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Aluz We don't have a lemon tree but we have a grape vine and a Mulberry Tree Glad you liked the photo's.
That's great, Lyn! I only have room for one plum tree in my back yard, it's more than 30 years old now, so it doesn't give us as much plums as it used to.

·
Member of the Month September 2012
3,722 Posts
Wow, Lyn - Your backyard reminds me of the Garden of Eden - How Lovely! Beautiful flowers, delicious fruit, wild birds coming close; and - your Mom!

·
10,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, Lyn - Your backyard reminds me of the Garden of Eden - How Lovely! Beautiful flowers, delicious fruit, wild birds coming close; and - your Mom!
Thanks Ollie. Glad you liked the photo's of our fruit and flowers mum loves her garden she has the green touch with her fingers I can't grow things like mum can.. But ill have a go at it sometime. I am going to take up bird watching and learn photography.

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,418 Posts
Photo

Such beauty!! This is the one thing I miss from living Florida. Not the heat but the wonderful plants and and citrus in my own yard and really fresh bananas with no chemicals on the fruit. Thanks for sharing.:p Jo Ann

·
10,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Such beauty!! This is the one thing I miss from living Florida. Not the heat but the wonderful plants and and citrus in my own yard and really fresh bananas with no chemicals on the fruit. Thanks for sharing.:p Jo Ann
Thanks Jo Ann Ill send you some of my mothers flowers and banana's if you like... Don't they grow where you live.. It is also good to eat fruit with out Chemicals on them i buy the organic vegs for Indigo when i can get them that is... I always wash my vegs before giving them to Indi... The smell in the Orchids are amazing...

·
10,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you Mischa it is my Mother that has the green thumb she has the touch with Nature and growing things. I am glad that you liked my photo's...

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,908 Posts
I was going to say your mother certainly has a green thumb. The Orchids are just beautiful. As you know Lyn I have bananas in my backyard too and get fruit off them. They say you can't get bananas so far south but I do, so does my stepmother as that is where I got mine from. I also have apple trees a pear tree (triple grafted so I get 3 varieties on one plant) a mandarin, an orange and a lemon tree. I also have a mulberry tree and an olive.

The bananas are safe for birds but it is often hard to get them to eat them as they are not as sweet as say an apple. But bananas are very good for them if you can get them to eat them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.